Age?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had indeed looked at a moonstone online last night at tees valley caravans. They also have a challenger 530 and challenger sport 524, so three posdibilitiies under the one roof so to speak.
98 ish miles away and a four hour round trip.:unsure:
To see three likely styles in one spot is a rare event.

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
To see three likely styles in one spot is a rare event.
I am certainly getting that impression as the next location for one of them, can't remember which now as I seem to be developing caravan overload, was I think Bardsley in Ulverston then it is Preston of Chorley or Perth or Aberdeen heading North.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am certainly getting that impression as the next location for one of them, can't remember which now as I seem to be developing caravan overload, was I think Bardsley in Ulverston then it is Preston of Chorley or Perth or Aberdeen heading North.
Yes ones with 4 berths side dinette and end washroom weren’t mainstream as often fixed beds were preferred. But we looked at a Challenger Sport about 18 months ago and liked its spaciousness combined with relatively light weight and good payload. But it hadn’t been looked after so we decided against changing.

Reactions: Cammy
Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Yes ones with 4 berths side dinette and end washroom weren’t mainstream as often fixed beds were preferred. But we looked at a Challenger Sport about 18 months ago and liked its spaciousness combined with relatively light weight and good payload. But it hadn’t been looked after so we decided against changing.
Whatwere the kind of things that put you off it?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Whatwere the kind of things that put you off it?
Dents in the outside walls, toilet door frame loose from structure of van, crack in shower tray and assorted holes in walls where things had been removed. Overall my description would be very tatty and at £14000 dream on dealership. Given a caring owner it would have been ideal. 7 m length goes on drive, decent payload but only around 1400 kg MTPLM.

In fact we acquired our present caravan in a round about way. We went to look at a Bailey S7 Bordeaux fixed rear bed. 4 berth. But again some drill happy owner had done their stuff inside and they had been smokers. Plus it was 0.5 m shorter than a S5 that we had owned 2005-14. The penalty was the front seats were too short. We very very keen to purchase a van as we had been given a good trade price for an unconventional pop top. So looking around we looked in side the Sprite Musketeer TD and were immediately impressed by the space and airy inside. It was in very good condition and whilst five would be cramped we have found it ideal for us two and a teenaged granddaughter. The main drawback would be the lack of a separate shower but we tend to use site showers. But last week I gave it a try and it did the job. Putting the front bed up at night isn’t a problem as I take the dogs out last thing. But even without the dogs it really isn’t a chore.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We gave up camping in 2013 having had nine motorhomes four caravans , this was over forty nine years . We moved to an entirely different county and in 2016 and apart from setting up the new home we were getting bored with the surroundings . Then a nephew gave us a ring saying would we like to have a days fishing at Horsley. We went and thorough enjoyed it. That night in bed we spoke about how the day went and started to have thoughts on another unit just for a try. Caravan or motorhome . For just a try motorhome prices were out but what about a caravan?. Spent hours looking at prices and what you can get. Saw two caravans both Eccles Topaz 80 miles apart. Ended up at one near Bogner , three hour journey in pouring with rain. We bought this Topaz with two awnings, Millenco hitch and wheel locks , Mirrows, waste and fresh aquarolls two gas 6kg . hitch weigh gauge and some other goodies . Price £3500. First service was told tyres are at the limit on one side . All other things working . Since 2016 have been on holiday nearly every month in the seasons . Renewed both tyres since and new kitchen tap plus gas fire base needed replacing. Oh yes someone run into us whilst parked, she left handbrake off. and me hitting next doors concrete post All done with no after effects . Had full service done in May and alls well still .

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Dents in the outside walls, toilet door frame loose from structure of van, crack in shower tray and assorted holes in walls where things had been removed. Overall my description would be very tatty and at £14000 dream on dealership. Given a caring owner it would have been ideal. 7 m length goes on drive, decent payload but only around 1400 kg MTPLM.

In fact we acquired our present caravan in a round about way. We went to look at a Bailey S7 Bordeaux fixed rear bed. 4 berth. But again some drill happy owner had done their stuff inside and they had been smokers. Plus it was 0.5 m shorter than a S5 that we had owned 2005-14. The penalty was the front seats were too short. We very very keen to purchase a van as we had been given a good trade price for an unconventional pop top. So looking around we looked in side the Sprite Musketeer TD and were immediately impressed by the space and airy inside. It was in very good condition and whilst five would be cramped we have found it ideal for us two and a teenaged granddaughter. The main drawback would be the lack of a separate shower but we tend to use site showers. But last week I gave it a try and it did the job. Putting the front bed up at night isn’t a problem as I take the dogs out last thing. But even without the dogs it really isn’t a chore.
Must have been fate.
The light and airy feel is what we ard after.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also gave up caravanning in 2011/12 due to ill heath went seasonal got a hardstanding service pitch on a adult park we look at twin axles caravans wanted a luxury brought one at a caravan dealer 190 miles from home a Elddis crusader super sirocco it was stunning only one owner from new we brought it for its layout it suit us L shaped lounge big fridge freezer Fixed bed end washroom we kept it for four years kept it well serviced then in 2019 we brought our present caravan with a mover and thought we will try it one last time to see i could manage it if not we can sell it so far good..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts