Airotel Camping Caravanning St Martin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glen, if this is St Martin at Moliets Plage in the Landes then I went therein Juky/August 3 years ago. It was purely by chance as we were booked at a different site [La Reserve at Gastes] via the C&CC but there had been savage stormsand La Reserve was closed due to falling trees. The C&CC diverted us to St Martin and we had a great time. The weather throughout Europe was scorching and day time temps were about 40 degrees with nights still very warm.

It is a large typical European family type site which is well run. The pitches are large but not too much shade and as it is directly next to the beach lots of sand everywhere. Facilities were good i.e. ablutions,swimming pool etc.

The site has direct access to Moliets Plage which is a very long beach. Typical for the area the tide goes out a fair way and can get rough when it comes in. The beach has lifeguards, belonging to the French Riot Police,who are very srict, as they need to be as nobody can win against the Atlantic when it is coming in fast. There is a small fun fair, bars , restaurants and a square with nightly entertainment etc outside the site.

It is a great site for a family holiday but it does depend a lot on the weather being good. There is a night market in Dax which is a good evening out and a trip down to Biarritz is another day out.

I do not know where your port of arrival is but a tip is that you have a night stop and do not try to do it in a single day.

Anything else that you wish to know in particular then please ask.

Ray

Aug 31, 2007
Visit site
Glen, if this is St Martin at Moliets Plage in the Landes then I went therein Juky/August 3 years ago. It was purely by chance as we were booked at a different site [La Reserve at Gastes] via the C&CC but there had been savage stormsand La Reserve was closed due to falling trees. The C&CC diverted us to St Martin and we had a great time. The weather throughout Europe was scorching and day time temps were about 40 degrees with nights still very warm.

It is a large typical European family type site which is well run. The pitches are large but not too much shade and as it is directly next to the beach lots of sand everywhere. Facilities were good i.e. ablutions,swimming pool etc.

The site has direct access to Moliets Plage which is a very long beach. Typical for the area the tide goes out a fair way and can get rough when it comes in. The beach has lifeguards, belonging to the French Riot Police,who are very srict, as they need to be as nobody can win against the Atlantic when it is coming in fast. There is a small fun fair, bars , restaurants and a square with nightly entertainment etc outside the site.

It is a great site for a family holiday but it does depend a lot on the weather being good. There is a night market in Dax which is a good evening out and a trip down to Biarritz is another day out.

I do not know where your port of arrival is but a tip is that you have a night stop and do not try to do it in a single day.

Anything else that you wish to know in particular then please ask.

Ray
Thanks for that Ray, we are going overnight on a Monday, Portsmouth - St Malo and were hoping to do the trip in one go. You say the pitches are large, we've booked a Grand Confort with water, wase and electric with the Camping & Caravan Club, did you have one of these pitches? Also is there a supermarket mnearby.

Thanks Glen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
glen, go to www.camping-saint-martin.fr and select campsite prices. There are some good views of the pitches which are approx 100 sq metres and hedged on 3 sides.

As far as I recall there is a large supermarket at Moliets-et- Maa which is a km or so inland from the plage. There is a small supermarket just outside the site gates though that is very good with most things that you would need.

I have travelled from Cherbourg to Landes many times and I feel it will be a bit OTT without a night halt. Your journey is approx 700km, and even allowing for speedy progress on the A10, It would be too much for me. [Each to their own of course and far be it from me to tell anybody what to do]. If you want details of a good night halt about half way then let me know. Ray

Aug 31, 2007
Visit site
glen, go to www.camping-saint-martin.fr and select campsite prices. There are some good views of the pitches which are approx 100 sq metres and hedged on 3 sides.

As far as I recall there is a large supermarket at Moliets-et- Maa which is a km or so inland from the plage. There is a small supermarket just outside the site gates though that is very good with most things that you would need.

I have travelled from Cherbourg to Landes many times and I feel it will be a bit OTT without a night halt. Your journey is approx 700km, and even allowing for speedy progress on the A10, It would be too much for me. [Each to their own of course and far be it from me to tell anybody what to do]. If you want details of a good night halt about half way then let me know. Ray
Ray, thanks again for your information. We have now booked through the C&CC, an extra large pitch. We are going to do it in one go, as we have 2 drivers and plenty of DVD's for our daughter!!

Also by travelling on a Tuesday we hope to miss some of the holday traffic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts