AL-KO 1300 Stabiliser

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we have just purchased a new van (new to us anyway). It has a AL-KO 1300 stabiliser fitted, it came with 2 types of hitchlocks you can use together. The first being the AL-KO that covers the hitch handle and the second being the AL-KO coupling lock which is the long thin barrel type. The previous owner said it is ok to have these fitted whilst towing, is this correct and more importantly is it safe?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can tow with the hitch locks fitted but there could be a problem for the emergency services in the event of an accident.

Its also unlikely that the caravan will be stolen while you are towing (being silly to make a point)

I never tow with the hitch lock on but then I never leave the van unattended except on site or at home when hitch lock wheel clamp and alarms are fitted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craig

I used to tow with the long pin type fitted. Stopped when for some reason the key wouldn't unlock it and spent 10 frustrating/embarrassing minutes getting it off. This was on asite and everybody watching and having a laugh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts