AL-KO stabiliser

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
HI folks, Just purchased a five year old Lunor caravan. Last time i towed a van there were no such things as stabilisers.One of these AL-KO things seems to be the thing to have. I am assuming I can fit one to my van? but there seems to be a few options. Can anyone give me any guidance please.I have a 4x4 so there is a spare wheel bolted on my rear door.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martyn, Congrats on getting your new van, hope you have lots of fun with it. I've got the Alko 2004 and tow with a Mitsubishi Pajero. Have to be careful when reversing onto pitch as sometimes get difficulty in unhitching due to spare wheel fouling hitch when fully open. Lots of threads about this and Alko now sell a removable handle type for just such an occurence although I personally think it's overpriced for what it is, and you can take off the 2004 handle by removing 2 screws. The Alko can be retro fitted to most vans and comes with easy to understand fitting instructions. It is a good stabiliser, cleaner and easier to use than the leaf spring type. Hope this helps. regards Colin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts