Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
I was just about to post a new topic when I read yours. I have a problem with our alarm. It was fitted by the dealer when we bought it from new 6 years ago but the alarm manufacturer has gone out of business. We have not been able to set out alarm with the remote keys for some time so we have bought a battery charger which has now charged up the battery, hoping it would resolve the problem. About a month ago we went to our van whioh is kept in storage in Somerset and one night at midnight the alarm started going off. We could only switch it off by switching the battery charger under the bed to off. We have been down there this weekend but the problem was even worse - the alarm was going off light mad, the indicator light on the front of the sink unit which lights up when the alarm was activated was flashing like mad and the only way we could shut it up was to turn the car/off/van control switch on the wall to off. This meant that the water taps did not work. Not being electrically minded can anyone give us a clue what the problem might be? Do the lights and taps operate by leisure battery only as this was disconnected whilst we charged the battery. Does the fixed battery charger under the bed work in the same manner as the normal battery charger which we've bought from Halfords? We don't want to take the van back to the dealer as it is about 160 miles away so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Anne

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jamie

We bought new Challenger in Jan this year we had problem with our alarm going off all the time, we got in touch with swift and they told us they have had some probelms with the units, so it might be worth your while contacting them, we then had to take our caravan back to the dealers we bought it from to get the alarm unit replaced. It didn't buz it just kept going off when we tried to set it in the storage.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
the alarm works fine....but there a buzzing noise from the box ...some body said it could be the battery in the alarm box...a little 9v..so annoying u buy brand new van and this happens its such a pain takeing it back...

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
follow u wires from the alarm ..the flashing light..then u should have a box screwed down undo them then u can see.. u will have a reset button underneath as well..if not just hit it with a hammer cause i am ha ha ha.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts