alarms

Feb 6, 2006
Visit site
Iam thinking of buying a IDM4 alarm system for pagaent burgundy which is new.Anyone got any views on this system,good or bad?.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hi,just fitted one this week and its great,best ever.we have the 500/5 bailey 2003.i wanted an alarm for some time and was lucky to find one from a new caravan when he changed the system,updated to a remote one.one of the hardest things i found (auto electrician) was routing the PIR wire this is a very long cable and must not be wound in a coil.drilling holes in my pride and joy hurts.with the PIR if you have the large skylight on the roof it needs not to see this because of sun light,locating under a shelf solved this.did not use the tow sensor,green wire.yes thats another thing only three wires to connect,makes it easy for DIY.any more information required please ask.you need also to drill a 50MM hole in the floor under the siren and tilt sensor,this must be sealed (silicone) on the inside edges.hope this helps i wish i had done it sooner.disconnect battery before doing any connections.ONLY CONNECT THE PIR + NUMBER PANEL AFTER CONNECTING TO THE BATTERY

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I have an IDM 2 on my older Senator. Previous owner had not bothered to charge the sealed battery of the Unit that was "sealed" in its control box.

The company was helpful but Instructions on changeing the battery were available on the web and the low cost of the battery and changing myself was the cheapest way to find out if the unit was still OK !

It was a result! And the 1998 Unit works fine so I would say the newer model should be very good as well.

If the IDM4 is the same sealed battery style that you charge make sure you charge on a regular basis rather than leave for months, the battery will last much longer that way ;-)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Early last summer when we got the new Bailey which was dream buy!

Previous owner told me battery was flat dur to not being charged.

IDM people were helpful but wanted it sent back to "see if it still worked".

I did internet search with lines such as "IDM caravan alarm battery problems/replacement/advice etc etc.

Led me to help forum that gave all the info and advice.

That's all I can tell you, jugle the words in search engines and you'll find it.

Seem to remember www.touringandtenting.com forum had help re IDM alarms.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts