alco jack

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Got my new Bailey Pageant Bourdeaux today, and bought the pukka alco jack. However, where I have to bolt on the brackets to the chassis, there is a waste pipe in the way on the nearside. Has anyone come across this, and is there enough 'give' in the pipe to allow me to lower it and then refit with the bracket in place?

Ta, Gary

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
The waste pipes are quite bendy and should be moveable.
Re Fitting an Alko genuine jack on a Bailey Pageant Bordeaux

I had the same problem fitting the same jack brackets to a 2005 Bailey Ranger 460/2. I contacted Alko and they confirmed that the full jacking load is taken by the two mounting bolts that hold the vertical section of the bracket to the chassis. The horizontal section which fouls the pipework is only used as an alternative mounting for earlier styles chassis, is included to reduce manufacturing costs, and takes no load from the jack to the floor. Their advice was to cut off the horizontal section at the elbow and treat the cut surfaces with a cold galvanising compound to prevent corrosion. This advice came from Alan Sanders, Alko Technical.

I have done this and the jack fits and works as it should. Hope this clarifies the issue.

Barry Benson

barry@benson-family.me.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re Fitting an Alko genuine jack on a Bailey Pageant Bordeaux

I had the same problem fitting the same jack brackets to a 2005 Bailey Ranger 460/2. I contacted Alko and they confirmed that the full jacking load is taken by the two mounting bolts that hold the vertical section of the bracket to the chassis. The horizontal section which fouls the pipework is only used as an alternative mounting for earlier styles chassis, is included to reduce manufacturing costs, and takes no load from the jack to the floor. Their advice was to cut off the horizontal section at the elbow and treat the cut surfaces with a cold galvanising compound to prevent corrosion. This advice came from Alan Sanders, Alko Technical.

I have done this and the jack fits and works as it should. Hope this clarifies the issue.

Barry Benson

barry@benson-family.me.uk
Thanks Barry that's worth knowing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts