Alde fault

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Hi, just ran out of gas and changed bottles over. Now have a fault on the Alde panel that says I need to reset the 12v supply to the boiler. Question is where is it likely to be? The boiler itself is not easily accessible. I have reset the mains, no joy. Are they referring to the slot type fuses near the battery? They are not MCB types and I am nervous about starting to pull them out. Seems very complex when you've just changed a gas bottle. Fyi I am not that technical.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I have no knowledge of Alde systems. But if it was my caravan my first action would bey switching the master 12v switch off for a minute then switching it back on. A bit like control/alt/delete on a laptop, it often cures all sorts of hic ups!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar warning on my Truma heating, I have a circuit breaker marked "boiler" I activate this CB for about 3 minutes and then reset, or switch off the 12 volt power for a couple of minutes then back on again.

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks to you all. I thought about using the reset button on the Alde panel. My only concern, as we are away, is if it causes other issues or doesn't reset to English!

I have looked at the fuses near the battery. They are not MCB s and none say boiler. So again I'm hesitant about guessing and pulling any out. On Monday it's going for it's habitation check so I'll talk to them.

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
I'll assume it's the Alde 3030 system as I recently had the same happen and it's a 'feature' that's been introduced since the 3020!

Have a look in the handbook for your caravan and see which fuse is relevant to the Alde. My caravan is as below and fuse number 9 was the one required to do the reset.

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
OK, well let's see where my O level German gets to!
Alde is the same in any language and a boiler will be something like a Kessel or Wasser Kessel or Wasser Kocher.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Ring Alde International's UK team for some technical advise, they are exemplary in the customer service they give.
01933 677765

Reactions: Banus
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
No thats a reset switch not the master switch!

Turn off the MASTER 12v switch, that's the one that turns off the 12v supply to everything in your caravan. It's the one you switch off when you have finished with you caravan and it's going to be kept fir weeks.

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks. Will look when we get back. Couldn't find a single switch to turn off the 12v this morning.
Turn off the MASTER 12v switch, that's the one that turns off the 12v supply to everything in your caravan. It's the one you switch off when you have finished with you caravan and it's going to be kept fir weeks.

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
What caravan do you have and what year?
We have a 2023 Adria Adora Seine. Once we are showered and sorted this morning I'm going to turn off the main control panel that I think will cut the mains and battery power. Then turn it back on and see if it clears the fault. Will report back later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts