Alde wet system

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello my friends, please help if you can
I have a 2014 bailey unicorn valencia
The alde heating system in my caravan stopped working last night. My wife and I were retiring for the night and I whent to the control panel to turn down the heating for the night and found the control panel was not lit up. The heating as stopped working the taps are running cold, I run of a hook up, the power to the van is okay its like the heating system as died on me, the trip switch is fine, the fuse appears okay, unless there is a fuse nearer the heater I'm not aware of, I rang the dealer I use but the workshop is closed for the bank holiday weekend, any advise would be appreciated

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A friend on mine could not get Alde heating working, the problem was the system was on a timer. Just a thought.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've had no problems with the heating system before, like I said earlier the control panel enables the user to turn on/off. the heating, also to regulate the temperature, when the wife and I were going to bed I usually turn down the heating for through the night, it was then I noticed the panel was blank. I think probably a fuse as blown. I've since searched the Internet and have found a alde user Manuel also a utube video showing we're two 12 amp glass fuses are located in a very accessible area.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
There is no need to turn down the temperature during the night. During set up, the desired night time temperature can be set, just as daytime ones can be.

You found the panel blank, but this is its default state, unless you choose the option for it to remain on.

The glass fuses are actually quite easy to check out, being under a pull off inspection panel on top of the boiler.

My 2011 Swift van has a button on the control panel as well (apart from the 12v power), which has caught me out, forgetting its there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That comment could be closer to the mark than I realised. After spending the whole weekend on and off googling issues around a blank panel I then pushed the reset button on the panel and later in the day the heating came back on, I am now wondering if my wife as tried to adjust the heating without her reading glasses on and somehow locked it into some kind of delay function (she's not denying it)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Brian_5041834 said:
That comment could be closer to the mark than I realised. After spending the whole weekend on and off googling issues around a blank panel I then pushed the reset button on the panel and later in the day the heating came back on, I am now wondering if my wife as tried to adjust the heating without her reading glasses on and somehow locked it into some kind of delay function (she's not denying it)

That’s a bit below the belt. You should go out and buy her some flowers after saying that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Brian,
I hope the problems been sorted now.

Just a little house keeping note,

First of all its great that you have answered posts, as some peole just don't, but I have just tried to read this thread, and I note you have made three replies one after the other, but its not clear which response applies to which comment or suggestion, It can some times help to use the Quote option which include the relevant post with your response.

Cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Prof, I thought I had replied to each comment as I received them but they did come up one after the other so I guess I'm not sure how to navigate the message board. The problem I had was the master control panel was not showing any signs of life whatsoever.I googled the problem and gleaned a lot of information, as I explained. After two days it started working again, I Think I might have factory reset the system albeit by accident. Lol. Many thanks to everyone who answered my call for help

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Brian,

First of all its great that you have answered posts, as some peole just don't, but I have just tried to read this thread, and I note you have made three replies one after the other, but its not clear which response applies to which comment or suggestion, It can some times help to use the Quote option which include the relevant post with your response.

Cheers
The quote button shows a selected quote which you can reply to underneath after the [/quote] text.
Despite what the Prof tells you to do, quotes often run to paragraph after paragraph and need to be used sparingly to avoid members who might like to reply scrolling through endless text that they've seen before.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
..Despite what the Prof tells you to do, quotes often run to paragraph after paragraph and need to be used sparingly to avoid members who might like to reply scrolling through endless text that they've seen before.

If you use the quote system, you can edit the text of the original mesage so as to keep it to the point..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Brian,

Cheers
thanks Prof

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
[ quote="Craigyoung" post=467467]Why has a post i put on o42o'ish this morning vanished ? :dry:[/quote] perhaps like me your not familiar with the correct protocol. Initially I made a mistake and posted on the wrong category then I wasn't familiar how to reply to the individual comment. Was your comment on the technical forum?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Brian_5041834 said:
[ quote="Craigyoung" post=467467]Why has a post i put on o42o'ish this morning vanished ? :dry:
perhaps like me your not familiar with the correct protocol. Initially I made a mistake and posted on the wrong category then I wasn't familiar how to reply to the individual comment. Was your comment on the technical forum?

Its not where it was put .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
To answer the original question, this was mentioned at handover when we collected out caravan.

we had never had Alde Wet before so I was listening intnently to what was being said. The fact that it made little snece to me is irrelevant.

There was mention that if the panel appeared dead, and everything else checked out OK, there was something about pulling a blue wire off near the boiler and replacing it again. I cant for the life of me remember the details, but this did happen to us. All I did was kill the power by using the system shutdown button, switch back on and it came immediately back to life. This may replicate some of what you experienced.

As for the info at handover, I take it as being utter garbage, and does fit with much of the rest of the handover.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts