Alderstead Heath cc

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi can any one give me info on this site as thinking about going for a few days next week; also are there any good dog friendly pub's near by
Thanks Ann

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Stayed there for a few days last year to allow us to visit Athletics Meeting at Crystal Palace. Pleasant open aspect with all the usual Caravan Club facilities particularly the hardstandings. Site is a little remote and can't remember there being a pub in close,walking, proximity.Some pleasant Downes walks from the site.The site is open to non-members and has a camping area. Seems to be a popular site for European Tourists wishing to visit London and the site seemed to be used by a few business people combining work in London with a holiday/cheap accomodation. Quite a few seasonal vans on site. Security precautions on entrance very strict no doubt to keep out the less desirable camping fraternity. Several options of rail stations nearby for access to London and a special minibus service to and from the closest option timed for day trips to London.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Ann,
I thought I had posted a reply to this on Sunday, but it has not appeared. Thus trying again. It may be too late for you, but could be of interest to others.
We have stayed at Alderstead Heath fairly regularly as my brother lives in Reigate. It is a very pleasant well laid out site with all facilities to the usual Caravan Club high standard. We have always found the wardens very helpful and friendly. There is a good dog walk adjacent to the site. There is also excellent open downland a few miles away. This is at Farthing Downs. Leaving the site keep left towards Caterham and take the first left at cross roads in about a mile. Follow this lane for about two miles and it comes out onto the Downs, with a car park immediately on the left. On the way you pass Chaldon Church, which has a remarkable mural, which is worth a visit.
Reigate is good for shopping and restaurants. Also good dog walks in Reigate Park and the adjacent greensand ridge.
Cheers
Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts