Aldi panel problem

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
All the 230v are under the black cover, but if you are not competent (I am not saying you aren’t!) then from a safety point of view ask someone who is!! All the lover half is live when plugged in assuming it’s reaching the PCB

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Martin thank you but ..all new to this and that sounded really complicated but google and youtube are a god send but really do appreciate your time to help me out ...as others who have replied many thanks
Martin ..sorrry to be the pain ..but did you have the same problem as me ....where you had all eletric working thru the mains ..tv bar heating all powered no problem with mains electric ..just no hot water or heating because of the power icon not working...it will help me to relay onto hiws going to repair the problem..once again many thanks

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
I can’t say it’s exactly the same issue but in my first post I do say!

All other 230v working, it just came down to the pin on the connector (in my case)

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Thank you everyone who helped me with my ALDE control panel problem ...all FIXED now ...if anyone has same problem mine was the ISOLATER MAIN SWITCH ..its on the right hand sde of the fuses under seat ...only £15 from off ebay .thank you all
The one I mentioned in #22 is your heater 2kw or 3kw if the later then there would be to much draw for that switch as they are only rated at 10amps

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
The one I mentioned in #22 is your heater 2kw or 3kw if the later then there would be to much draw for that switch as they are only rated at 10amps
Thank you martin ..big learning curb ..i can run max on 2kw ...but going to run on 1kw from now on ..yes it was what you mentioned..light bulb moment for me has all other electrics worked..when we use it from march next year were going to use a cable slitter from main caravan post ..ie cooking in awning and other items ..save me overloading sockets in van ..many thanks

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Thank you martin ..big learning curb ..i can run max on 2kw ...but going to run on 1kw from now on ..yes it was what you mentioned..light bulb moment for me has all other electrics worked..when we use it from march next year were going to use a cable slitter from main caravan post ..ie cooking in awning and other items ..save me overloading sockets in van ..many thanks
You are very welcome 👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
At 1kw it is going to take all day for water to heat up or basically a very long time. Running heating on 2kw should be okay as that is what most of us use. I never bothered with the 1kw in our Lunar as it was almost useless.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
At 1kw it is going to take all day for water to heat up or basically a very long time. Running heating on 2kw should be okay as that is what most of us use. I never bothered with the 1kw in our Lunar as it was almost useless.
We find 1 kw usable most of the time - it certainly doesn't take all day to heat water - the original Carver Cascade water heaters were only 450w.

When it's cooler we use the Alde on 1kw and a fan heater on 1 kw - it warms the caravan much quicker than the Alde on 2 kw.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We find 1 kw usable most of the time - it certainly doesn't take all day to heat water - the original Carver Cascade water heaters were only 450w.

When it's cooler we use the Alde on 1kw and a fan heater on 1 kw - it warms the caravan much quicker than the Alde on 2 kw.
Using 1kw ALDE and 1kw fan heater surely equates to using 2kw? Just different sources.

On our 2011 Lunar using 1kw, it was incredible slow to warm up water and heating seem to take forever plus as it is so low it probably stays on permanently. The 2kw setting will switch in and out as the temperature changes. Maybe okay during summer months, but not in the winter months.

Even with our 2018 Buccaneer it is pointless using it on 1kw as the caravan never seems to get warm. We do not carry a spare heater with us as in an emergency we can use the air con for heat.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Using 1kw ALDE and 1kw fan heater surely equates to using 2kw? Just different sources.

On our 2011 Lunar using 1kw, it was incredible slow to warm up water and heating seem to take forever plus as it is so low it probably stays on permanently. The 2kw setting will switch in and out as the temperature changes. Maybe okay during summer months, but not in the winter months.

Even with our 2018 Buccaneer it is pointless using it on 1kw as the caravan never seems to get warm. We do not carry a spare heater with us as in an emergency we can use the air con for heat.
In summer we just use the Alde on 1kw, no delay with hot water - in spring/autumn when it's cooler we add the 1 kw fan heater - I guess you just need more energy than we do!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In summer we just use the Alde on 1kw, no delay with hot water - in spring/autumn when it's cooler we add the 1 kw fan heater - I guess you just need more energy than we do!
Same amount of energy to heat up the water to a specific temperature whether using 1kw and 2kw. We just like out hot water a lot quicker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts