Aldi panel problem

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Weve Only had our caravan about 5 months used about 4 times on our last use the power icon on the alde panel wasnt showing , we were without hot water and no heating for the last day/night .all sockets and lights working fine , any ideas what the issue may be many thanks brooks famil

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Its a 2010 lunar clubman ..we were away for 3 days ...went out for the day . It was a cold dec day so left heating on , came back few gours later hoping to be in a nice warm van ..cold thank god we had a 2 bar halogen heater , so electric sockets having full power ..

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Its a 2010 lunar clubman ..we were away for 3 days ...went out for the day . It was a cold dec day so left heating on , came back few gours later hoping to be in a nice warm van ..cold thank god we had a 2 bar halogen heater , so electric sockets having full power ..
The electric power setting can be 0, 1 or 2 (also 3 on some versions) which represents the number of kw available to the Aldi - check it's not set to 0, which is electric off!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It would be the 3010 version so no 3kw. Can we assume that the 12v was switched on? If the 12v was switched on and panel never lit up, give ALDE a call.

If the caravan was bought from a dealer 5 months ago then it is the responsibility of the dealer to do the repair at no cost to yourselves.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Agree with the suggestion to call Alde. It would be useful to be able to tell them whether it works on gas and 12v when electric hook up is disconnected.
Good luck

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
The electric power setting can be 0, 1 or 2 (also 3 on some versions) which represents the number of kw available to the Aldi - check it's not set to 0, which is electric off!
Been tried on 1 & 2 settings ..electric definitely on because had tv and also a 2 bar halogen heating we carry for emergencies..thank you for reply

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
It would be the 3010 version so no 3kw. Can we assume that the 12v was switched on? If the 12v was switched on and panel never lit up, give ALDE a call.

If the caravan was bought from a dealer 5 months ago then it is the responsibility of the dealer to do the repair at no cost to yourselves.
Unfortunately it was a private seller ..to begin with no problem and thought what a great heating system ..popped out for couple hours and left heating on because it being a cold dec day ..came home to no heating no hot water ..will call alde today many thanks for reply

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Agree with the suggestion to call Alde. It would be useful to be able to tell them whether it works on gas and 12v when electric hook up is disconnected.
Good luck
It will not work on gas if there is no 12v.

Been tried on 1 & 2 settings ..electric definitely on because had tv and also a 2 bar halogen heating we carry for emergencies..thank you for reply
However you need the 12v for the system to work. You can have the electric for everything else, but you still need the 12v. Can we assume that the fridge worked okay.

Just seen your new post. I think that if it was working before you went out and not when you returned, there is a possibility that a fuse has blown or the control panel is kaput?

We had the Lunar Delta with the same heating system. We changed the control panel for a newer touch panel which several years ago cost £150. Simple matter for removing the old one and clipping in the new one.

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Good luck
We are yet to try on gas but unfortunately no gas we are buying a new bottle this week to try out ..but we used gas when we 1st had the van ..but swithed to electric being on a site with what reallly is free electric also being it was our last day of vanning this year ...many thx for reply

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
It will not work on gas if there is no 12v.

However you need the 12v for the system to work. You can have the electric for everything else, but you still need the 12v. Can we assume that the fridge worked okay.

Just seen your new post. I think that if it was working before you went out and not when you returned, there is a possibility that a fuse has blown or the control panel is kaput?

We had the Lunar Delta with the same heating system. We changed the control panel for a newer touch panel which several years ago cost £150. Simple matter for removing the old one and clipping in the new one.
I have checked to fuses seemed to be in good condition...been a busy weekend so im on it once ive had toast and tea ..also ive looked into replacement of the old panel for the new touch one ..did you say you also had the the power working but no power icon on the panel ..its strange how all electrics work except heating ...its my 1st job of the day today thank you

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
My point was that the Alde can be set to 0, ie off, even when mains electric is available at all sockets.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have checked to fuses seemed to be in good condition...been a busy weekend so im on it once ive had toast and tea ..also ive looked into replacement of the old panel for the new touch one ..did you say you also had the the power working but no power icon on the panel ..its strange how all electrics work except heating ...its my 1st job of the day today thank you
The outer rim clips off and the control panel is held in place with 4 screws. Gently remove the panel. I cannot recall which wires are the 12v, but ALDE can advise. Tel. 01933 677765. If you do not have the ALDE manual it cna be downloaded from their website.

If you decide to replace the panel with the touch screen which is 100% better and easier to use, consider getting the the backup battery. This keeps the date & time settings.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just to clarify. Is the control panel not lighting up at all as if it is totally dead?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The outer rim clips off and the control panel is held in place with 4 screws. Gently remove the panel. I cannot recall which wires are the 12v, but ALDE can advise. Tel. 01933 677765. If you do not have the ALDE manual it cna be downloaded from their website.

If you decide to replace the panel with the touch screen which is 100% better and easier to use, consider getting the the backup battery. This keeps the date & time settings.
Are there any reliability issues with the Aldi touchscreen - I seem to recall a number of posts from caravanners with more recent caravans having issues with their Alde touchscreen.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Are there any reliability issues with the Aldi touchscreen - I seem to recall a number of posts from caravanners with more recent caravans having issues with their Alde touchscreen.
I have heard of issues with the newer touchscreens, but they are very rare. At present the OP does not have a touchscreen as the 3010 control panel is operated using buttons.

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Changed all fuses ..but found this problem..could it be the cause..seems a bit of a slight melt down on main power isolater ..but fuses in it still work as do my other sockets ..but could it be the cause of my heater not working ..job for tomorrow now has at work till 10pm

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
No panel lights up just the power icon top right doesnt come on ...but found this problem hope my attachments come through ..
Sorry just read back ...all my panel lights are good just the power icon not showing to say it as 230/240 volts ..

Attachments

• 20231218_121419.jpg
    20231218_121419.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231218_121351.jpg
    20231218_121351.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 20
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It appears to me that the Alde is working. But simply not getting a mains input. I think the panel would show a lightning bolt if it detected an input.

The burnt-out terminal clearly shows a problem. But what was that switch for? Is it an isolator for the heating?

The fuses you show are from plug tops, (but where from)/ The main van fuses will be in the form of trips in the consumer unit to the left of your pictured switch.

Jihn

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
It appears to me that the Alde is working. But simply not getting a mains input. I think the panel would show a lightning bolt if it detected an input.

The burnt-out terminal clearly shows a problem. But what was that switch for? Is it an isolator for the heating?

The fuses you show are from plug tops, (but where from)/ The main van fuses will be in the form of trips in the consumer unit to the left of your pictured switch.

Jihn
Thank you for the reply john ...yes i have electric every where ..the switch in question is the main isolater switch..which im going to change all electrics working i have noticed theres a wire going into switch with a tag connected to the isolater saying heater ..gonna change that and see how it goes ..strange how fuse never blew tho ..just showing melting around the fuse and burnt mark on the lead going into islolater hope thats my problem..thank you

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
You need to check the 230v voltage on the Alde PCB to see if it is receiving the 230v. I had a similar issue panel worked no 230v icon.
Checked on the Alde PCB for 230v, the board was only receiving 9vAC, checked on the Sargent box all good. Followed the power cable to a push connector under the front drawers, took the coffin box off and found the neutral pin was pushed out, re spread the tangs and pushed the pin back into its housing, reconnected the two halves of the plugs and 230v now on the boiler PCB, all working fine now.

The picture with the switch in, I would replace that one, I am guessing your heater is a 2kw as those switched spurs are only rated at 10amp!!

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
You need to check the 230v voltage on the Alde PCB to see if it is receiving the 230v. I had a similar issue panel worked no 230v icon.
Checked on the Alde PCB for 230v, the board was only receiving 9vAC, checked on the Sargent box all good. Followed the power cable to a push connector under the front drawers, took the coffin box off and found the neutral pin was pushed out, re spread the tangs and pushed the pin back into its housing, reconnected the two halves of the plugs and 230v now on the boiler PCB, all working fine now.

The picture with the switch in, I would replace that one, I am guessing your heater is a 2kw as those switched spurs are only rated at 10amp!!
Martin thank you but ..all new to this and that sounded really complicated but google and youtube are a god send but really do appreciate your time to help me out ...as others who have replied many thanks

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Martin thank you but ..all new to this and that sounded really complicated but google and youtube are a god send but really do appreciate your time to help me out ...as others who have replied many thanks

Attachments

• 20231219_111016.jpg
    20231219_111016.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 13

TRENDING THREADS