Aldi Workzone Ladder platform

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought one of these a while back when a number of members did the same. Whilst the ladder mode was stable the wide base at either end did make access for some jobs quite difficult or not possible. I guess unbolting the base was one option.
However today it came into its own. Our new house has about 100 ft run of Leylandii hedging which is approximately 6 ft wide. The garden had a slope but using the Aldi in ladder mode it was brilliant as the wide base was so stable even on a gentle slope. I made sure that my center of mass plus long handled trimmer stayed within the base though -:)

Guess the two neighbours at the bottom wil be over the moon too. But good as is the Aldi kit the Leylandii are heading towards the skips in the winter. Can’t be done with such physical effort as we get older.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
I bought one of these a while back when a number of members did the same. Whilst the ladder mode was stable the wide base at either end did make access for some jobs quite difficult or not possible. I guess unbolting the base was one option.
However today it came into its own. Our new house has about 100 ft run of Leylandii hedging which is approximately 6 ft wide. The garden had a slope but using the Aldi in ladder mode it was brilliant as the wide base was so stable even on a gentle slope. I made sure that my center of mass plus long handled trimmer stayed within the base though -:)

Guess the two neighbours at the bottom wil be over the moon too. But good as is the Aldi kit the Leylandii are heading towards the skips in the winter. Can’t be done with such physical effort as we get older.
I like mine. A bit of a faff compared to the old steps but in 30 secs all good. And safe B)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have the multifunction ladder with the 4 hinged sections then a very useful addition to turn it into a long raised platform is available, and it works very well although it needs a little fettling to adjust it to fit properly
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L4NY169/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts