All Dogs Must Be On Leads, why is this sign so often ignored?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The problem with this forum, and many others, is that when the topics of Dogs, Children, Noise, Ball Games and several others crop up they always end up in personal insult and bickering, which is desructive to the topic.

I have 4 dogs, a Great Dane, 2 Lurchers and a Boston Terrier and whilst I "think" they are all good dogs and very fiendly I am acutely aware that given the right "trigger" any one or all of them could inflict serious damage , but so far , fortunately, I have not met the situation where that has happened.

Where we normally walk I am quite happy to have them all off lead and let them have a good run, but on site or in places we do not know they stay on the leads.
Funnily enough the one to watch most closely is the Boston as she has some attitude, but then they are all rescue dogs with varying levels of previous abuse.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Where we normally walk I am quite happy to have them all off lead and let them have a good run, but on site or in places we do not know they stay on the leads.
Funnily enough the one to watch most closely is the Boston as she has some attitude, but then they are all rescue dogs with varying levels of previous abuse.
hi Damian, now funny that you mention your dogs being rescued!! as "taz" was probably where the attitude came from she was very nervious for the first couple of years we had her but eventually settled down, she was brilliant with us but was very protective around strangers, we lost her at 14yo and will probably never have another one, she never went anywhere without a lead on "for obvious reasons" and in fact got so used to it if the lead was off she would sit down and not move untill it was put back on.
now I was acutely aware of the behaviour of the dog and allthough it was not possible to train out the mistreatment she suffered earlier in her life, as a responsible dog owner I had to make others aware of any pontential hazards of approaching her,
some dog owners don't seem to have this ability however and it is a shame because the few spoil it for the rest and all get tarred with the same brush, and this is where the opinions change and forum arguments start, it is exactly the same with the issues of children on site some for some against,
comments either way are taken as an insult and the hackles go up, my solution is simple, if posters dont like dogs or kids aviod the sites that have them, then everyone can get some peace !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kiaboy is so right......
I would add others, No cycling around the facilities block, No ball games around the pitches.
Most site rules mostly for the benifit of the majority are flouted constantly.
The philosophy thoughout is rules are for other idiots not me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts