Alton Towers

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi darren. Now I am scraping the bottom of the memory barrel here and I am not absolutely sure about the name of the site. I think it was called the Star caravan park. It is a private site. We went about 3 years ago. The facilities were clean and there was a nice play area. There were statics but it wasn't too big. Don't know about cycle paths (its very hilly around there, hope you have strong legs). It was in or near alton and a short drive to the theme park. Possibly (memory seriously failing I could well be confabulating here) there was a bus to the theme park just outside the camp site gates. Hope there is some accuracy somewhere in here!!

mel

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
I think Alton Towers is near Ashbourne which sits at the end of the Tissington Trail.

Rivendale site is nice, Callow Top is also OK and you can get straight onto the trail from the site.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I liked rivendale too. But Callow Top...not my cup of tea. The words "Battery Hens" come to mind.

mel

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
hi darren

have a look at leek cc site. 8 miles away is waterhouse the start of leek to manifold cycle way. down the road is tittesworth reservoir great for walking and dinner [light lunch].alton towers is in easy reach.

dave&ang

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we've booked in at the Poolsbrook CC site Chesterfield to do the Alton Towers thing just before easter.

talking of which any one been to Poolsbrook any reports ???

What i need now is an easy way to get some big discounts off the theme park tickets and also Carriba Creek any ideas anyone ????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just to add sun are printing 10 tokens up to 12/03/2009 they have to be different number tokens saved , if anybody struggling i have tokens 1 and 3 and booking form from todays paper, happy to post to whoever wants them cheers john

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
If you shop at Tesco their clubcard vouchers can be used for Alton Towers and Drayton Manor. (not sure if that is near your site) They are worth 4 times face value.

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
I liked rivendale too. But Callow Top...not my cup of tea. The words "Battery Hens" come to mind.

mel
I agree 100% but what you and I like, others may not.

We've been to Rivendale a few times now, cant see us using Callow Top again, just found it a bit scruffy!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts