Am I getting grumpy?

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Recently went to a club site that has no facilities but is usually very quiet, noise wise, and very relaxing. It is kept beautifully by the 2 staff and our many experiences there have always been pleasant with nice neighbours. The only downside is the 3 miles of single track road up to the site. We arrived Friday afternoon sat outside chilling. Seven pitches away arrive a couple with 2 dogs- setters. Dogs lay down and barked. Owners ignored them. They left on Sunday. They did nor bark in the night but the days were spoiled. (We are dog lovers but don't want to hear them all day.) We went off site on Saturday to meet a unit in the lane- at 1045. He couldn't reverse!!!!! Later on site I saw they had a tall gas bottle free standing. To crown it all we came back Sunday afternoon to find a twin axle on the next pitch just 4 metres from us!!!!! (There were about 30 empty pitches. .) They also had no wastemaster so grey water was running down hill towards us! These folks were with 2 other units also not pitched properly.. Why do folks not stick to the rules? Am I getting grumpy?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what the owners can do with the dogs but the breaches by the twin axle and its compatriots should have been dealt with by the wardens.

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you have every right to be grumpy! I have a dog who always comes with us in the van, however he is well behaved and never makes a sound, and if he does, he is told to be quiet or attended to if he wants something.

Sounds like some very inconsiderate people you have shared your weekend with!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts