Am I Right To Be Concerned?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I don't agree. If anything the conflict could even accelerate the switch to EV's. With the cost of fossil fuels rising there will be more incentive to move away from the ICE towards electricity which can be produced by sustainable methods such as wind power and solar energy, making us less dependent on gas, oil, or coal from regions of conflict like Russia.
That's too simplistic - this war is going to impose a cost burden on everyone in Europe - switching to EVs will impose a cost burden across the continent - we can't do both at the same time.

From 1st April many people in the UK will find their energy bills doubled compared to just six months ago with a further 50% rise in the autumn - petrol/diesel prices are expected to rise significantly - these two will increase the cost of living very substantially - and we still have to pay down the costs of Covid.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just to be clear I am all for going Green being someone who has two green vehicles. But it is all about the timing. IMO we need to be power self sufficient asap to avoid all the world turmoil and ridiculous pricing regimes. Interesting to note Olaf Scholz is doing major U- turns on a lot of Merkle’s policies. They got caught out with their major dependence on Russian fuels. No wonder the RAF we’re not allowed to fly over German airspace to deliver defence equipment to Ukraine. Back in th U.K. I feel sorry for those who are struggling with all the rising prices on little income.

Reactions: JezzerB

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
The fact is we have to live with it. It's a small price to pay when compared with the hell that Ukrainians are facing every day. It almost seems as if Putin is relying on the West's need for oil to ensure we don't interfere.

One good thing (the only good thing?) to come out of this is the fact that there is now real unity in the West....and we have all woken up to our naivety in our past dealings with Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts