American caravan uk sites

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
I have a vintage 40ft Hy Line ( could be 96 or could be 76 ? ) that i cannot locate any build or vin numbers on. My furnace has packed up, the onsite sparkes came and checked it, and said that the Gas Solenoid was not getting any current. I can find no makers name or numbers on the furnace and am stumped at how to get a new Gas Solenoid fitted, any ideas greatly appreciated

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When you referred to a site, I assumed you were referring to a caravan site to pitch the unit and not a website for spares.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I have no knowledge of or connection with this midland company but you might like to view the website for DBMotors of Leicester who seem to be a parts importer and vehicle dismantled for many years - turned up when I googled the topic. Certainly there are some specific parts on EBay that post from Uk sellers too!

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Thnks, unfortunately i am a bit thick regarding anything mechanical and dont really know what i am looking for, i have been in contact with DBM and am awaiting a reply. Yes is an old American Hy Line which my pal an i, ( mainly my pal ! ) have refurbished internally. Thjanks

Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
can i ask what parts you are looking for, as a few parts are generic to other rvs/campers/trailers.
There are a few independant companies that deal in parts for american rvs etc, that import stuff from the states

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
Somehow missed the fact it was a furnace, Most american have either Suburban or Atwood units, Parts for both can be found over here.
try these - MobileRV, starspangledspanner, american motorhomes - google/search on the web for contact numbers etc

Jun 1, 2021
Visit site

above link is to the company that makes your trailer they are still made today. On that page there is a contact them section - they would be able to maybe give you all the info on your trailer. Most american manufacturers usually stick a sheet with info about the unit e.g. weights, parts, tyres etc on the inside of a cuboard door somewhere in the unit, could be any door in the unit have you checked them

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site

above link is to the company that makes your trailer they are still made today. On that page there is a contact them section - they would be able to maybe give you all the info on your trailer. Most american manufacturers usually stick a sheet with info about the unit e.g. weights, parts, tyres etc on the inside of a cuboard door somewhere in the unit, could be any door in the unit have you checked them
Thankas, however there are no original cupboards in the unit

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
My furnace has packed up, the onsite sparkes came and checked it, and said that the Gas Solenoid was not getting any current. I can find no makers name or numbers on the furnace and am stumped at how to get a new Gas Solenoid fitted, any ideas

Why do you think you need a new solenoid?

You were told "the old solenoid was not getting any current", therefore, it matters not, new or old, without getting current it can't work.

The issue needing sorting here, if the electrician is right, is why the solenoid is not getting current.
Could well be no component is needed once the fault's cause, is correctly identified.

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Why do you think you need a new solenoid?

You were told "the old solenoid was not getting any current", therefore, it matters not, new or old, without getting current it can't work.

The issue needing sorting here, if the electrician is right, is why the solenoid is not getting current.
Could well be no component is needed once the fault's cause, is correctly identified.

Ok Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts