Amsterdam sites

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi there,

We are travelling to Amsterdam in March, can anyone recommend a site close to Amsterdam, we would like as close as possible to the city centre. Many thanks in advance Craig

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Craig,

Don't want too much then?

Camping Het Amsterdamse Bos (Amsterdam Woods) is in Amstelveen woods about 2 miles from a motorway exit. Under 30 minutes from the city centre by public transport - I think they run a transfer bus from inside the camp - some facilities on site, but like most city centre sites the pitches can be on the small side.

Camping Zeeburg is also about 30 minutes from the city centre - on a small island to the east of Amsterdam - probably not as convenient to access the centre of Amsterdam.

I prefer the sites a bit further out in the Dunes - Duincamping - and then catch the train or use the P+R

I'm in my Rotterdam office Monday 19 to Wednesday 21 - if you have anything specific I can try to find out for you

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - a few years ago when we were on our way to the Rhine Valley we decided to go from Hull to Rotterdam, stay a couple of nights near Amsterdam and then onwards. We got off the ferry and headed toward Amsterdam to stay at a site near the Shipol aeroport. we got entangled in the Spaghetti roadworks in that area so headed towards Arnhem. we found a municipal site at a village called Baarn nr. Hilversum which was great and it had a railway station for Amsterdam. The site was the great, the dutch people were great and the only mar on that stay was that my friend had his wallet pinched in Amsterdam. first time I tasted pofergies was at Baarn. Could luck with your trip.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts