Amsterdam

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I know Iknow. Not this section. But we were off in the van but things have changed, so its not in the van, does anyone know a really good place for 2 nights in or near amsterdam.

Thats not mega expensive that is?

G

The main site in Amsterdam is in Amstelveen, but I am not sure if it is open yet for the season. There used to be another one close to the Stadionplein, but it was not the best in the world and may have been developed?? since I last visited. I also suggest contact either CC or the C&CC as they have links to most of the main sites.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If this means you need a hotel

www.hotelformule1.com

Basic clean room and basic breakfast only, book on line and turn, I've used in France and Bro and sister inlaw used in or near Amsterdan last year for a weekend exhibition.

These hotels have self cleaning toilets and showers at end of coridoor normally.

Very sci-fi but clean and gives you warm room for night, but no frills.

If you get there late you just put the card you booked with into atm type machine and it gives you door codes and room number!!!!!!!!

Book quick as these places fill quickly.

Or go to www.accorhotels.com and try different levels of hotel in the group!

Two nights in formule 1 with the basic breakfast is about 108 euros for the stay for two people

G

Sorry, I misread the original post. I thought you were away in the van.

Hotel Ibis is a good cheap chain, try the website. Or the Tulip Inn chain. You may also want to try the big chains, they often give good discounts in the off seasons. Do a search for hotels, Amsterdam and you will get all that is available. A good cheapie is the Holiday Inn in Ijmuiden. There is a bus from the front door to Amsterdam.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Sorry Scotch L. I read it about 3 times and hope I'm right:)

Accor hotels owns Ibis / Novotel / Mercure / formule1 / Sofitel /Etap and more I think.

You can crunch the costs and what you get via www.accorhotels.com

For anyone travelling in Europe it is a useful site to bookmark as it is easy to book on line and see costs. I've met caravanners and tenters at F1 and Ibis on route as they travel to and from campsites as the hotel can be a quick cheap option without setting up a pitch.

G

I knew the Ibis chain from living in Holland, but that was back in the early 80's. My son, who is always penniless, uses them a lot nowadays as he says they are a good bargain. I used to often go for the 4 and 5 star hotels myself, especially if I had the kids with me because they would give you a room with 2 huge double beds, and was cheaper than 2 separate rooms.

I also know of the Holiday Inn, Ijmuiden because I was stuck there on a training course in 2001. It is out in the sticks, but right on the beach. and was much cheaper than the equivalent hotels in town.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
SL.

If we get stuck longer at a job or something goes wrong and we need a hotel I often fire up the laptop connected to the mobile and hit the Accor web site, Holiday Inn in seems cheaper on the continent than here I've noticed at times!

Formule1 is very basic, but we've used them numerous times and always found them clean.

Student Son and his Media Studies friend were with me at one F1.

His mate videod the Hotel with no staff for a uni project!

Automated entry to car park, Automated Entry to the Hotel by Credit Card I booked with, Lights that turned themselves on, Coded room entry and the Auto cleaning toilets and showers!

Ibis and Novotel have been very helpful with our work trailers on route as well, giving positions under cameras and keeping an eye on them. Top Service :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts