Another case of rip off Britain.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was looking at the cars nearside rear door internal edge and noticed that there was a hole blanking plug missing in line with the door handle. Similarly there was one missing on the nearside front door, yet both off side doors had the blanking caps fitted. I can't believe that they have been missing for my two years of ownership as I would have noticed by now. I always wipe down that surface after washing the car. Can only surmise that the recent valet did them no favours. Shouldn't be a problem getting replacements I thought. . So I removed one from the offside and it's a 25mm hole, with the blanking cap having a code inside. I searched on Google and got numerous hits for Kia and Hyundai OEM parts. Then I went into shock as prices for one cap were around £8-£10+. Unbelievable given US prices are $1.3-$1.5.

So a further couple of minutes saw me find a pattern part x 5 at £4 inc p&p.

How Kia/Hyundai can support such pricing defeats me.

Blanking cap

Reactions: Jcloughie
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Yes sadly we live in rip off Britain. For instance, Screwfix and B&Q are under the Kingfisher brand, ownership, you would think there prices would be the same, sadly no, its worth comparing the 2 sites before purchasing from them. Example, a Dewalt sander at Screwfix £149, same one at B&Q £127. And i always thought Screwfix were cheap and B&Q were always dearer.

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it is the same should you need to replace a Swift microwave oven, an on line check from a caravan spares website shows the oven which appears to be very similar to a 'Cookworks 'branded oven, the price for the Cookworks one is close to £100 less

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Yes sadly we live in rip off Britain. For instance, Screwfix and B&Q are under the Kingfisher brand, ownership, you would think there prices would be the same, sadly no, its worth comparing the 2 sites before purchasing from them. Example, a Dewalt sander at Screwfix £149, same one at B&Q £127. And i always thought Screwfix were cheap and B&Q were always dearer.
Why would a group business have equal pricing at two subsidiaries - might as well close one of them down!

Pricing depends on supply and demand, with consumers able to choose where to buy - that's the whole basis of a free market.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Point 1: the model numbers between Screwfix and B&Q may not be the same - especially with De Walt.
Point 2: Toolstation (owned by Travis-Perkins) is usually cheaper than either of them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts