Another case of rip off Britain.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was looking at the cars nearside rear door internal edge and noticed that there was a hole blanking plug missing in line with the door handle. Similarly there was one missing on the nearside front door, yet both off side doors had the blanking caps fitted. I can't believe that they have been missing for my two years of ownership as I would have noticed by now. I always wipe down that surface after washing the car. Can only surmise that the recent valet did them no favours. Shouldn't be a problem getting replacements I thought. . So I removed one from the offside and it's a 25mm hole, with the blanking cap having a code inside. I searched on Google and got numerous hits for Kia and Hyundai OEM parts. Then I went into shock as prices for one cap were around £8-£10+. Unbelievable given US prices are $1.3-$1.5.

So a further couple of minutes saw me find a pattern part x 5 at £4 inc p&p.

How Kia/Hyundai can support such pricing defeats me.

Blanking cap

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Yes sadly we live in rip off Britain. For instance, Screwfix and B&Q are under the Kingfisher brand, ownership, you would think there prices would be the same, sadly no, its worth comparing the 2 sites before purchasing from them. Example, a Dewalt sander at Screwfix £149, same one at B&Q £127. And i always thought Screwfix were cheap and B&Q were always dearer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it is the same should you need to replace a Swift microwave oven, an on line check from a caravan spares website shows the oven which appears to be very similar to a 'Cookworks 'branded oven, the price for the Cookworks one is close to £100 less

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Yes sadly we live in rip off Britain. For instance, Screwfix and B&Q are under the Kingfisher brand, ownership, you would think there prices would be the same, sadly no, its worth comparing the 2 sites before purchasing from them. Example, a Dewalt sander at Screwfix £149, same one at B&Q £127. And i always thought Screwfix were cheap and B&Q were always dearer.
Why would a group business have equal pricing at two subsidiaries - might as well close one of them down!

Pricing depends on supply and demand, with consumers able to choose where to buy - that's the whole basis of a free market.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Point 1: the model numbers between Screwfix and B&Q may not be the same - especially with De Walt.
Point 2: Toolstation (owned by Travis-Perkins) is usually cheaper than either of them!

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Screwfix and the like enjoy a constant stream of tradesmen buying from them in the belief they’re getting a good deal while B&Q support the occasional DIY enthusiast, just shows how comparing prices is important! Locally we have Wickes, Screwfix and Toolstation in close proximity and the price differences can be surprising!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Why would a group business have equal pricing at two subsidiaries - might as well close one of them down!

Pricing depends on supply and demand, with consumers able to choose where to buy - that's the whole basis of a free market.
The major supermarkets are the worst. Mr Cohen not only charges more at his Cirencester store than Swindon ,but sells a lesser quality stock at the latter. Every penny counts😡
They basically price to the area to enlarge their pockets.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
The major supermarkets are the worst. Mr Cohen not only charges more at his Cirencester store than Swindon ,but sells a lesser quality stock at the latter. Every penny counts😡
They basically price to the area to enlarge their pockets.
I think you'll find that major supermarkets stock according to what the customer at a specific store buys... e.g. one Tesco in Colchester near University of Essex stocks lots of Oriental foodstuffs, due to the large number of Chinese students....

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
After placing my order for some pattern blanking caps at 5 for £4 I came across these from Screwfix. Not exact pattern but would have probably done the job. 50 for £2.59 and only 15 minutes walk away.

IMG_1308.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts