Another site gone

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Darwin Holidays axe yet another great touring park.
Last year Summer Lodge at Newquay shut down should open this year, but as what.
Newton Mill closed last year - and now Hawkchurch Nr., Axminster, Can't find Peartree Park
at Wareham - No doubt that has been closed too., Hawkchurch and Newton Mill both having
Log cabins and no longer taking touring units or tents.,
We were unfortunate enough to go to Hawkchurch last week and it was awful, like a building site
with lorries starting up at 7.00 a.m. work men on site till 7.30 p.m. (site requested quiet between
8.00am and 8.00pm.) No facilities available and access was blocked most days with Static Caravans
being taken off site.
Another site we love and go to often is Merley Nr. Wimbore, They too have Log Cabins but at least it
is only the dog walk that has suffered. can still just get into the woods with a stick to beat down the nettles.
OK. Rant over, will have to start looking at other sites rather than going to our favourites.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Summer Lodge, that brings back memories it was our very first site we stayed on back in 1987 (Maybe 1988)
we borrowed my Uncles caravan and towed it with a transit van,the van had no on board toilet or shower, manual foot pump for the water to the sink, gee am I that old :lol: The entertainment back in those days was that good lots of people came up from Hendra for the night, place was packed.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Remember our first time out in a caravan,35 years ago, borrowed a friends twin axle, with sepaterate bedroom, went to St ives, towing with Rover 3.5, through the town!!!. On pitch, I got totally tired and emotional, on local cider, lost the key to get in , broke a window to get in, spent next two days, finding new window and key. But my good lady is still with me , God only knows why.
Always have fun but try and be safe.
H.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Pear Tree is still open as my next door neighbours keep their tourer sited there, and they would've told us if they were having to move. They got thrown off The Lookout when the son took over and decided that he didn't want German vans on permanent pitches.
My neighbours tell me that last season (2015) was not as good as it could've been. They woke up one morning to a man and boy climbing over their inward facing hitch! Also, the people next to them arrived, parked on my neighbours grassy area and tied 3 large barking dogs to the tow hitch, so that our friends couldn't leave their awning to sit outside. There were also gypies on site. They think it is going downhill and on reading ukcampsite reviews, they seem to echo that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts