Another use for Duct tape.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Speaking to a local car dealership the chap told me that they are advising buyers to have number plates that don't have the GB and EU blue/stars at the left hand end. He's been advised that after UK leaves the EU those type of plates which show the GB/Blue background and EU stars are likely to be illegal when in the EU. Plates with ENG, SCO, CYM etc will be allowed but the car, caravan must then show the old style "GB" oval as well.

So come 2019 it's out with the duct tape to cover up the LH end and the contentious script/logo.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds a bit premature to me but the French and Spanish police do know many ways to increase revenue from tourists.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
pitpony said:
Gabsgrandad said:
If that.s all it takes to get rid of the EU, then bring it on!

Totally agree but more than likely the EU will have to have one last dig at us and say it's the wrong kind of Duct tape, :)

I'm sure there is an EU Directive for duct tape hidden somewhere ......... :p

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I cant wait for the day when we finally walk and leave that ungrateful lot in the EU, I go back to one of my previous posts when the Seagulls crapped on me in Boulogne, :)

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
pitpony said:
I cant wait for the day when we finally walk and leave that ungrateful lot in the EU, I go back to one of my previous posts when the Seagulls crapped on me in Boulogne, :)

Walk close to a wall / structure, seagulls can't fly close to vertical physical things and crap at the same time :p

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
KeefySher said:
pitpony said:

Walk close to a wall / structure, seagulls can't fly close to vertical physical things and crap at the same time :p
Let me assure you Mr KS Big Man I was well **** on in Boulogne by Seagulls, do you have a problem with that, ?

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
pitpony said:
KeefySher said:
pitpony said:

Let me assure you Mr KS Big Man I was well

Sounds like the time my wife was crapped on by a gull in Canada's Wonderland on our first holiday together. Oh we laughed, well me and the kids did, but not the Mrs :p :p

Unsure of the context of your comments, am I to act like a professional offence taker and spit the dummy? :p :p

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
KeefySher said:
pitpony said:
KeefySher said:
pitpony said:

Let me assure you Mr KS Big Man I was well by Seagulls, do you have a problem with that, ?

Sounds like the time my wife was crapped on by a gull in Canada's Wonderland on our first holiday together. Oh we laughed, well me and the kids did, but not the Mrs :p :p

Unsure of the context of your comments, am I to act like a professional offence taker and spit the dummy? :p :p
I too am a bit flummoxed by Pit pony's somewhat offensive reply.
Surely KS was simply offering advice?

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Emmerson,
Don't worry about it I'm sure KS is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself and he certainly does not need you to defend him, next please, :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All though I have not made any contribution to this thread, I am hurt by the way the language used by some has deteriorated.

The topics we cover can be many and varied, but there is never a need to start to use unpleasant language, when there are far more pleasant and non aggressive terms available.

Even when we may disagree with another contributor over an issue, remember this is a public form and can be read by anyone. Dont start to use language that you would not be prepared to use face to face in polite company.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
emmerson said:
PP, I'm not going to rise to your offensive behaviour.
Please go and find another playground to play in.

Emmerson,

Do me a favour , if KS had a problem with my posts I think by now he would be down my throat by now just go and chill out, Mods are you out there am I being a naughty boy, ;)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I support the views above that stand on the side of good manners and non offensive comments, and it is not right to expect Moderators to act as referees unless they can dish out Red Cards. PP could have a look at Parksy's post under the topic of "Driving Observations" which would then allow Parksy to do what he enjoys most; visiting Tesco.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
If-you-cant-fix-it-with-duct-tape-or-beer-it-aint-worth-fixin_zps1lnw0vla.jpg

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
I support the views above that stand on the side of good manners and non offensive comments, and it is not right to expect Moderators to act as referees unless they can dish out Red Cards. PP could have a look at Parksy's post under the topic of "Driving Observations" which would then allow Parksy to do what he enjoys most; visiting Tesco.

Having spent the weekend enjoying the company of my five year old granddaughter I took a quick look over the forum before turning in for the night.
I wouldn't have expected to find offensive comments that contained expletives and appeared to challenge fellow forum members and also moderators in a thread about duct tape.
As global moderators both Damian and myself can in fact edit or remove forum copy, and in extreme cases we can suspend or ban rule breakers from the forum (and the website if we choose to).
With power comes responsibility so obviously bans are only implemented in cases of unauthorised commercial advertising or when rare instances of deliberate antagonism appear as was seen in this thread.
'Pitpony' is now banned from this website.
To make things absolutely clear, swear words however seemingly 'mild' are deleted whenever we see them, as are abbreviations of swear words. Such adjectives do not appear in Practical Caravan magazine and will not appear on this forum.
A series of offensive comments will invariably result in a ban from this forum, even if the presumed target of the comments hasn't 'spit the dummy' as they put it, or complained.
We would prefer not to ban forum members but sadly,sometimes we are left with no other choice.
Forum Etiquette is the first sticky post on the forum, it's at the top of the New Members message board.
Offensive or abusive comments are a very serious breach of forum etiquette, and examples such as those in this thread (now taken down) are never tolerated on the Practical Caravan website.
Most of our members would prefer this forum to be a friendly internet resource with advice, information, jokes (within reason) and general caravan chat to be exchanged.
Not everyone agrees with each other when technical debates take place which is fine, and moderators don't want to wield the big stick to spoil the enjoyment of healthy debate, but personal abuse will always attract moderator attention even if we don't notice it for a day or so. :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I must admit that I was surprised when I saw it Emmerson :eek:hmy:
Whatever it was that caused it though, that sort of abuse isn't something that we can overlook.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts