Any good sites in Weston?

May 29, 2007
Visit site
We are picking up our Caravan on Thursday and thought for a first trip we would like to go to Weston as its not to far away. Can anyone tell me if there is any good sites that will take 2 Large Dogs? Failing that Then we might push a bit further and go to Devon , any ideas folks?

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
We're in York so can't help on that one but i do suggest that you join the 'Camping and Caravanning Club'. You get a monthly magazine and a 'Big Sites Book'. It is published at 2 year intervals and every campsite, large and small, in Britain in in there except those belonging to their friendly rival, The Caravan Club. We are members of both and buy Practical Caravan as well. It's the only way to be informed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Diane reading how Great Yarmouth has been compared with Western Super Mare I think I would give it a miss. You could try Broadway House at Chedder or if you want to go further afield (3 hours approx) try Widend Caravan Park at Marldon near Paignton - the dog walk is as far as you desire. Only downside to this site is the traffic on the Newton Abbot to The Rivierra Roundabout at Torquay. At this roundabout take the ring road and then take third exit at the second roundabout signposted for Widend. It is approx. 5 minutes drive from Paignton town. Lovely clean family site with spotless toilet/shower facilities.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Diane

Try Brean downs. Much better than the sites in Weston

As for the camping and caravanning club. Save your money and join the caravan club instead. The C&CC will charge you for being early and several thousand members left it last year after some anti 4x4 messages in its Mag. We joined it for a few years and it offered us nothing. The caravan club is far better and its sites are great quality

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Diane, as Steve says try Brean, we've been to Warren Farm and although it can be windy, it's a lovely site.

The Avon Centre of the C.C. use Northam Farm and Unity Farm (both Brean) for their rallies and as we are now members of the Avon Centre, we will be using them as well, but Weston? I would rather watch the Rovers play.....well maybe it's not THAT bad,

best regards, Martin

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Happy

Agree with what you say about the Brean sites but would avoid Home Farm, Burnham.

We probably know each other.

We are also regular Avon Centre CC ralliers, we are Rovers supporters - no apologies.

There was a bunch of Rovers fans that did the round trip to Wembley from the Trevornik rally the other week - too much dedication for me!

If you were at Trevornik we were flying a Rovers flag at the top field (windy city) near to the entrance to the tent field.

Garry

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Happy

Agree with what you say about the Brean sites but would avoid Home Farm, Burnham.

We probably know each other.

We are also regular Avon Centre CC ralliers, we are Rovers supporters - no apologies.

There was a bunch of Rovers fans that did the round trip to Wembley from the Trevornik rally the other week - too much dedication for me!

If you were at Trevornik we were flying a Rovers flag at the top field (windy city) near to the entrance to the tent field.

Garry
Garry, I was in the same field as you, only I was midfield by the water taps.

I think I know who you are from when we were younger, as you used to live in Queensholme Cresent, I was around the same age as your sister. I was going to introduce myself at Woodlands as well as Trevornick, but as I don't think you know me I bottled out to save any embarassment. If you are at the Quantock Rally in July, then I will make sure I introduce myself,

best regards, Martin

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Garry, I was in the same field as you, only I was midfield by the water taps.

I think I know who you are from when we were younger, as you used to live in Queensholme Cresent, I was around the same age as your sister. I was going to introduce myself at Woodlands as well as Trevornick, but as I don't think you know me I bottled out to save any embarassment. If you are at the Quantock Rally in July, then I will make sure I introduce myself,

best regards, Martin
What a very small world!

We lived in Greenleaze Close but surrounded by QD.

Not on Quantock yet but seriously considering changing from Wareham to it because of distances, have they got a rally officer yet?

We are also on Strawberry Tea and Avon Valley rallies before then.

As I can not picture you please come over and say hello, I look forward to it.

What is your outfit? it might ring a bell.

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
NOT MUCH IN THE WAY OF GOOD SITES IN WESTON BUT IF YOU HAVE 2 LARGE DOGS I WOULD RECOMMEND WARREN FARM IN BREAN ITS NOT THAT FAR FROM WESTON AND THE FACILITIES ARE VERY GOOD, CHIP SHOP,CHINESE AND WONDERFUL PUB ALSO THE DOG WALKING IS FABULOUS AND YOU CAN WALK FOR MILES ON EITHER THE BEACH OR CROSS COUNTRY BEHIND THE TOURING SITE

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Diane

Try Brean downs. Much better than the sites in Weston

As for the camping and caravanning club. Save your money and join the caravan club instead. The C&CC will charge you for being early and several thousand members left it last year after some anti 4x4 messages in its Mag. We joined it for a few years and it offered us nothing. The caravan club is far better and its sites are great quality
In defence of the Camping and Caravanning Club. We have an adult son who has Downs Syndrome and therefore cannot holiday without us and we can't holiday without him. The C&CC do not charge for him, they issue a special card, whereas the Caravan Club charge full price for him

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Thanks ladies and gents for all your feedback, Will let you know how we get on' on monday. Picking up the caravan at 11am tomorrow and then we are off.

Jun 9, 2007
Visit site
West End farm in Weston, next door is the C&CC site also Rosebush

Caravan Park on the Sand Bay rd. both excellent and friendly sites.
HI DIANA, TRY CHANNEL VIEW RIGHT AT THE END OF THE COAST ROAD IN BREAN DOWN, JUST HAD THE SITE UPGRADED ITS ALMOST ON THE BEACH, DOWNSIDE TO IT ITS NOT CHEAP ESPECIALY AT BANK HOLS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts