Any Mountain Bikers out there?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As well as caravanning, is anyone here into serious mountain biking? If so, let me know because I am. This year cycled in and around Interlaken, Grindelwald & Lake Thun in Switzerland + spending many a weekend cycling around the Hampshire Downs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure what you consider "serious" but I spent many happy hours in the Loire Valley in France this year. I bought some 1cm:500m maps and found dozens of tracks through vineyards and forests which allowed me to cycle for 30 miles or so without hardly touching a tarmac road. Also some wonderful runs around Monpazier in the Dordogne - a bit hillier there. Most serious French cyclists seem to stick to the roads where the cyclist is "king". I have often seen cars wait patiently for a considerable time before overtaking groups of cyclists safely. Doesn't happen here, sadly!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

I used to do a lot of road cycling and timetrials, however I am getting into mountain biking..I'm on my second Klien (1st got pinched). I've riden all over the alps...but on a road bike.

cheers

scott

Mar 11, 2004
Visit site
Hi,

Yes I am a die hard mountain biker enthusiast (25 year old)(got into it in a big way as from last year). I have toured a lot of the uk this year with my Lunar Stellar and Alfa 147, visiting North Wales (Coed Y Brenin), The Lakes (although too rugged and steep in many places), York Moors, York Dales, the list goes on! - hopefully going to South Wales next week. I only have a low end ish

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have had 2 weeks in the alps this August. We went to Les Gets scene of the 2004 World Champs it was fantastic but v-hot doesn't matter because the lifts run in most places and all you have to do is ski down from the top. Thgeir were teams from all over the world all warming up for the looming races. Give it a go you will not regret it one jot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts