Any one used Wet and Forget on their caravan roof

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
Having read the thread regarding what ladder do you use, it led me to do some research into finding a self cleaning product. I have used patio magic with success on my patio and I looked into is there something that will do the same for the caravan roof. I found a product called wet and forget , I called the company and they thought the product would be ok for a caravan roof as there are no chemicals in the product that would damage the caravan but try a small bit first ? The we think it’s ok and try a little bit first is a little worrying so just checking if anyone has any thoughts . Thanks in advance for your replies JeffB

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There was a discussion on this product when it first came out but I’m sure that there were no post from anyone who had used it. When it comes to caravans I’ve always stuck to the mainstream products like Fenwicks cleaner. Done twice a year cleaning the roof wasn’t that arduous a task. But I did not get up on it, or polish it. Just Fenwicks Ckeaner, Bobby Dazzler and Overwintering kept it in good shape.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I used to polish our roof once a year but found it didn’t really make any difference. A good wash, parking it nose down and using awning rail protectors helps keep quite a bit of the dirt off.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Although we had our caravan done with Paintseal when new, we still clean it occasionally with Fenwicks. Fenwicks neat is also very good for cleaning the black marks off the mastic that is around lockers. We use the Oxo brushes.

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I have used wet and forget on the caravan with no ill effects for over wintering. Used it quite a few times and it does reduce algae build up.
I know this because being unconvinced, one year I just did half the roof and in the spring, one half green and the other side white (ish)
Our van is 10 years old don't know if I would risk it on a new one but I thought the overwintering fluid was useless

Reactions: Mel

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
I have used wet and forget on the caravan with no ill effects for over wintering. Used it quite a few times and it does reduce algae build up.
I know this because being unconvinced, one year I just did half the roof and in the spring, one half green and the other side white (ish)
Our van is 10 years old don't know if I would risk it on a new one but I thought the overwintering fluid was useless
Thanks for reply , how much di you dilute the wet n forget by thanks Jeff

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
As per instructions on container and then use an ordinary garden sprayer and you have to give it time to work.
A friend of mine uses it on his garage forecourt and on his very expensive new car wash machine and he swears by it

Reactions: JB1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts