anybody else waiting?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is not caravan related we ask someone about some Damp proofing when we brought the bungalow it had a new extension to the kitchen and i ask someone he said at first August now it moved to the end of the year so I have someone giving me a quote on Monday so i hoping it a better time frame :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
And you guys should worry! Saturdays Press says a well known Pizza house is desperately looking for 5000 new employees. As Lockdown has receded so have their staff returned to their day jobs🤪🤪🤪🤪
And the hospitality industry overall are some 188000 staff short. A lot are desperate for chefs and front of house staff. Our granddaughter turned down a waiting job in a nice local hotel at around £4.20 per hour with no guaranteed hours. She’s now been taken on at a local pub restaurant at £7.40 per hour with a contract and paid holiday pay. Unfortunately it’s one of our favourite venues for good pub food and nice beers. Would need an alignment of calendars so we don’t embarrass her. 🤭

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin M
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Damp on a new extension? Surely the current building regs were followed??
DD That the thing we did not put the extension in on our bungalow its on a corner so there are two outside walls we have done one that had to be took back to brick and damp proof membrane and injectors boards and plaster and now it the other it showing damp .We should know more next Monday

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
And the hospitality industry overall are some 188000 staff short. A lot are desperate for chefs and front of house staff. Our granddaughter turned down a waiting job in a nice local hotel at around £4.20 per hour with no guaranteed hours. She’s now been taken on at a local pub restaurant at £7.40 per hour with a contract and paid holiday pay. Unfortunately it’s one of our favourite venues for good pub food and nice beers. Would need an alignment of calendars so we don’t embarrass her. 🤭
Clive
Maybe she‘ll get a better deal at the Pizza company 🤪🤪🤪

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Clive
Maybe she‘ll get a better deal at the Pizza company 🤪🤪🤪
Dusty
£7.40 isn’t a bad rate as she only turned 16 last week but our local Dominos is takeaways only and I don’t think she would be too keen on cycling around the neighbourhood. My first job was selling hot dogs and burgers from a mobile stall I pulled around Leicester in the evenings. Would not wish that on anyone though. But the Mallory Park franchise was ace I could take the bike around the circuit.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Dusty
£7.40 isn’t a bad rate as she only turned 16 last week but our local Dominos is takeaways only and I don’t think she would be too keen on cycling around the neighbourhood. My first job was selling hot dogs and burgers from a mobile stall I pulled around Leicester in the evenings. Would not wish that on anyone though. But the Mallory Park franchise was ace I could take the bike around the circuit.
I am in agreement with otherclive £7.40 is not a bad rate my first job as a trainee chef was £2.50 ;)

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
That brilliant news enjoy your hols
Hi,
Thanks for all your good wishes,we,given van a shakedown trial in driveway and everything works ok,weather has broken here it's raining outside as I type this,intend to get away on 13th of this month for 4 nights,we booked our annual holiday months ago anticipating lockdowns would be eased - just as well a lot of sites are now fully booked for the dates we have selected

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Update- spent the last week trying to find out when/if it's on target for June 24 factory collection date? Dealer trying there best to pin it down,day 1- no news,day -2 elddis says a shortage of shower screens and blinds,day-3 van is now apparently in factory being built,day -4 not sure if all parts there to finish? Decide to cancel summer trip,as last day to get money back.Day-5 van can be collected next afternoon 😳 Day-8( today ) been to dealers for a quick look,and all looks OK for a handover next week😀.Now rebooked summer trip at a different site.Hopefully all will be well and we can crack on.

Reactions: JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts