Anyone been away yet?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Going to Windermere this weekend for a week away walking, which will be the fourth trip this year. 4 days at Leek C & CC site at half term. Weekend at Wirral Country Park last week and another at Southport earlier.
Had to work near Tewksbury in January so took the van with me rather than staying in a hotel for three nights and stayed at a CL, something I will be doing again if I get the chance. Busy month this as we are off to Beddgelert C & CC site for Easter and Coed Helen CC site near Caernafon for the Royal Wedding long weekend.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Lisa,

You are not alone, We like to use the same part of the season as you.

Our main reason is that our van is quite old being a 91. It doesnt have hot water or shower so we rely on on site facilities.

We also have a 6yr old boy and a 9month girl and although it wouldnt bother me, dragging them across a frosty site to use the facilities just doesnt seem fair on them.. Once easter arrives we will do as many trips away as we can afford but will be limited to weekends and school holidays.

I have been quite excite dthough and been up to the storage place and de-wintered it. Probably give it one more polish before easter
smiley-cool.gif
and im going to replace the carpet too.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lisa

Two trips to date: one week at Leo farm cs in ironbridge, shropshire and a long weekend at Vauxhall holiday park in Great Yarmouth.

Now got the easter through to the royal wedding weekend booked at Conwy north wales to coincide with the llandudno victorian steam weekend.

Enjoy
cheers
John

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
This is the CL we stayed on last week in the Cotswolds between Burford and Witney.
It was a farm site with nice owners. A small wood at the end where you could walk and eventually it led down to the bank of the River Windrush. There was an easier way by going through the farm yard. If wet you can walk your dog along the farms tarmacced drive which was about half a mile long with grass verges. Hard standings with EHU.
The river walk led to Minster Lovell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What was the name of the site LB looks good ,

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
joeby said:
What was the name of the site LB looks good ,

It's on p450 of the CC handbook joby. Hill Grove Farm. It's easy to find with easy access. When entering the farm lane you exit it another way so there's no fear of meeting another caravan. In the book it says they charge £1 for awnings but when we told them we had a porch awning they never charged.
The farmers wife told us they had someone complain about the site because they would have liked to see the sun more. This was last February. Some others left early complaining they couldn't stick the pigeons cooing so be aware that the site has trees with wood pigeons. This reminded me of some wardens we got talking to. She said someone complained about the site where they were saying there's too many trees and they like to sunbathe. Her reply to them was the clues in the name, Low Park Wood. No doubt that person went away complaining about miserable wardens
smiley-laughing.gif

It makes me laugh when you see posts attacking wardens because, by God, there's some miserable b*******s out there who go camping and they will always find something to whinge about.
From our van, apart from pigeons, we also saw all the common garden birds like blue, long tail & great tits, robins, chaffinch and wrens along with pheasant, partridge and goldfinch. It was amusing sat watching the blue tits attacking their reflections on our cars mirrors. It went on all week.
With Brize Norton only a few miles away there is a little aircraft noise but not jets. It's not intrusive despite them flying low. They seemed to be mainly refuelling tankers and Hercules.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Lord,

Is that site typical of a CL or CS? Ive never stayed on one, only main sites as we dont have a shower in our van. I also dont think i could survive without an EHU.

I like the look of the location, especially being wooded, just my type of site.

I cant get it in my head how someone would complain about the flora and fauna. It takes a lot for us not to like a site, generally anti social behavior like loud music/parties till early hours , not a wood pigeon morning chorus.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
andy72 said:
Lord,

Is that site typical of a CL or CS? Ive never stayed on one, only main sites as we dont have a shower in our van. I also dont think i could survive without an EHU.

I cant get it in my head how someone would complain about the flora and fauna. It takes a lot for us not to like a site, generally anti social behavior like loud music/parties till early hours , not a wood pigeon morning chorus.

No it's not typical Andy. Like you we must have EHU but some CLs/CS's do have showers whereas the site above didn't. It had the rest though.
A couple of years ago we bought a set of DVDs from Armcher Productions of CC CLs. There were 18 DVDs with around 16 CLs on each disc. At the time the cost was £54 and we recouped that £54 on the money we saved from using the first CL rather than a fullblown site.
I don't know if he still does the same offers.

The website is http://www.armcher.com/ and click CARAVAN CLUB C SITES.

I must stress that the sites shown are CC CLs and not C&CC CS's.

If you like the sound of a particular CL you can download a clip for 58p from his website if he has it. Each site is shown with the approach road, facilities etc. The music can be a bit monotonous though.
All the CLs we've used have been from his DVDs and so far we haven't been disappointed
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
andy72 said:
Lord,

Many C&CC certified sites offer toilets, showers and ehu Andy.
Check out the C&CC Siteseeker and underneath the map is a row of tick boxes which allow you to choose which facilities you want when finding a certified site.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Chaps, the armchair productions looks extremely helpful and Parksy, you may have just opened my Vanning world to a whole new batch of sites. I had just been looking at the main ones for the club and didnt fancy many of them but the siteseeker makes it easier to find CL's with the facilities i need, and it looks like there are quite a few!!!

smiley-cool.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that on some of the certified sites that we've visited the toilets and showers might not have been the sparkling monuments to bodily functions that we read about from our friends in the CC but for the most part they have been reasonably clean if a bit cobwebby in some cases.
I don't know which part of the country you are from Andy but there are one or two C&CC certified sites near to the Midlands that I'd be happy to recommend if you want to try cs caravanning for the first time.
The main drawback on most of the certified sites is that there is not a great deal for children to do in the way of play areas or organised games, commercial sites are much better where childrens entertainment is concerned and I could recommend a couple of those that we've visited.

TRENDING THREADS