Anyone been to Skegness

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cmore
Skegness is packed with caravan sites, most of them are statics but a lot of the static parks have sections for tourers.
I've never been so I can't make any recommendation but Park Resorts have a site in Skegness which has touring pitches at very competitive prices.

http://www.park-resorts.com/holiday-parks/east-anglia/southview-leisure-park/accommodation/touring/
Practical Caravan are helping to host a free to enter competition in which you could win an Eldiss Xplore touring caravan and 22 weekend breaks at Park Resorts.
Everybody who enters will recieve a 25% discount off touring pitches for holidays taken in Spring 2011 at a choice of 24 Park Resorts holiday parks so it might be worth having a go

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
There are, as Parksy says, many sites around Skegness and most are HUGE. We prefer something quieter so go for the Caravan Club Hawthorn Farm site at Sutton on Sea. Still handy for Skegness.
P.S. There is an interesting caravan accessory shop at Ingoldmells just outside Skegness.

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes try skegness sands is a nice site and is cc afiliated

smiley-cool.gif

Howard

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It depends on what you are looking for. We took a look at Skegness Sands once when in the area and it wasn't for us.
Although it a CC Affiliated site they do have their own website where you can see a panoramic view. The problem is the view only shows it at 180 degrees so you don't get to see the large convalescent home or miles of statics behind. Just the other side of the sea wall you do have the beach. This might have improved from when I was a kid. Then it was sand with large areas of exposed clay.

We have been to Skegness many times and one site that I would recommend that is on the out skirts is South View Caravan site. It was very clean and well maintained with a shop ,restaruant (spelling) bar and fishing lakes. The shower blocks were very good, clean, well stocked with every thing and the showers extremely clean. We were there in the winter approaching christmas and the shower blocks were well heated, and had piped music. I believe that they have a swimming pool but don't know if it's indoor or outdoor. There are play areas for children but not now having children as ours have long grown and left the nest don't know what they are like. But Skegness is only a 10 min drive away if you want to go into town and the beach. The illusinations are on at about this time so you can go and see them for free, only having to pay for parking.

Another site that we used for many years when our 2 where younger and came on holiday with us is North Shore Holiday Center which is much nearer to the center of town, in fact only a few mins walk. This is a big site with mainly statics but the tourer area is good and they have super pitches etc. This is a clean site as well, and has a club house, pub on it but I don't know when this is open etc.

I hope that this gives you a bit of info.

Phillip

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
We stayed at Northshore last year, found it clean and tidy, easy to get into and out of, and close to the town. Found a very nice cafe (clocktower or something of that ilk)

It's on our list of "we'll go there again" sites.

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
We've been to Skegness . . . twice . . . neither was my idea, and I won't be going back. In fact I'd rather pull my own teeth out than go to Skegness.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I'd second that comment.
The coast from Grimsby down to Skeggy is almost all good sand, so have a browse and see what there is. Mablethorpe is very small, Ingoldmells is largely accommodation for the aged. Skeggy is like Balckpool without the quality (sic!)

If you want to go in that sort of area but don't mind going a bit farther, the east side of the wash north of but excepting King's Lynn is very pleasant. Hunstanton makes a good base, and the CC site at Sandringham is one of the best.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Try Goodwins on Trunch Lane at Chapel , quiet very clean, exelent facilities barriers in and out. Been there many times .Just far enough out of Skegness .

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Forgot to mention, If you Join the Touring Caravan Club they have a rally there for a month mid Sept , you can go for as long as you like for £9 pn inc elec

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I have also stayed at Skegness sands & agree with the earlier comments ,the convelesence home takes up all the views from your van,unless you get on the grass pitches on the hill,but then you have to live with kids playgropund 10 feet from your door.we stayed on the hard standing pitches but although tidy you are back to back so my door was less than 10 feet from 3 other caravans,toilet block was dated 7 my wife had to ask for it to be cleaned twice ,
we changed pitches to a CL down the road for week 2 ,the laurels it was called,fantastic set up ,grass & hard stand pitches in mint condition & a brand new toilet block,
also as a bonus there is a 2 top fishing lakes next door ,pulled loads of 20lb + carp out of the lake,although beware the land lady of the lake she carries a broomstick .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts