Anyone had dealings with

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Frank

Just had a look at their website - they seem to be a broker and confirm that they have agencies with "a range of insurance companies" - however, it then looks like the caravan policies are with just one company "Groupama Insurance Company Ltd" that they state they are in partnership with.

Their Terms of Business make out they are brokers offering a range of policies but if they are only offering one companies plans this seems a bit "naughty".

I have checked the FSA website (always a good thing to do - it is a superb source of good info) and it confirms that they are registerred but it does not state if they are Tied Agents (one company only) or Multi Tied (several companies) or Independent (able to select from the whole of the market).

If you want to do this yourself go to www.fsa.gov.uk and you can access the FSA Register put in the companies FSA number - in this case 301408 - and you can find out a great deal about the firm.

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
Whilst searching for new insurers my wife found this Forum, having had a good priced quote before but then poor service when we claimed we saw positive comments here about NFU and got a very good deal from them.

My uncle has just had a claim settled very promptly by NFU for his van that was hit by a truck and was a write off. Quick prompt service and he will be back on the road with his new van at the weekend. Not only were NFU quick to act but paid out quick and the price agreed for his damaged van was very good to.

I would check these peoples track record before you jump into the unknown.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Frank

We used to be insured with this company, however we found the carravan club insurance to be of a lower premium and the cover seems better.

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
PC,

We used to be with NFU but then found that if the awning was damaged there would be NO pay out unless the caravan was also damaged !!!

This didn't make sense to us,so we changed to Caravan Club insurance.

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
Lady Maureen. I only heard about caravans here and from another couple we met and also my uncles experience.

Have to say that over the years we've seen more than a few damaged Awnings and I have to say I can't blame NFU.

Most of the damage had occured when we've taken ours down due to the weather. Frome experience I would say that a lot of Awning damage is down to the owners actions and that the insurers are on a hiding with them. Not that a lot don't deserve to have someone get one up on them.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
hi frank

I recommend NFU my caravan was burnt to the ground outside my front door,we had a new van within 14 days on a new for old policy,great service and very friendly and it worked out to be the cheapest.As it was a German make the CC would not give a quote, as a lot of other insurers.So well done NFU

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
hi frank

I recommend NFU my caravan was burnt to the ground outside my front door,we had a new van within 14 days on a new for old policy,great service and very friendly and it worked out to be the cheapest.As it was a German make the CC would not give a quote, as a lot of other insurers.So well done NFU
Having had two caravans stolen despite wheel clamps, hitch lock, security post, corner steady locks and alarm I know that the NFU are not only competetive in price, but quick and fair when settling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts