Anyone heard rumours about 2024 Caravan Models?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
A Challenger 6-Berth 670 SE with all the extras, but with a bigger width bed

Or remove the bed but have the same layout, like a 4-Berth 670 SE version

We would sleep at the front, and the kids at the back in bunk beds (with closing door)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

We would sleep at the front, and the kids at the back in bunk beds (with closing door)
Time to talk to Swift for a new version perhaps😉

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
It is possible that the Covid staycation bubble has shrunk. Certainly there is a lot more used stock about than there was. This may provide a limit on price increases and lead time to delivery in spite of the increases in material and labour costs. Remember it was only a year or so ago that both the Harrogate and NEC shows were cancelled basically because dealers did not need the trade. They are both up and running now with dealers wanting to sell. Can only hope. Not that I am in the market for a new van.
Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Face facts Leebroath, that bed is too small for you. Your head is on the headboard and your feet at the wall. You are lying with your arms cwched tight around you. And that is without pillows, duvets etc. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that isn’t going to work. ☹️
Sorry
Mel

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Yes I'm not a very tall person, so that bed is made for a small person then?

I'm not a tall person and class myself as a normal'ish size, I am 180 and other half is 165cm

My head wasn’t hitting the headboard, was probably 10-15cm away

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That’s a French bed. Surely you two are lying upside down? The wider part of the bed is for the head and body , the narrow end for legs 😎

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That’s a French bed. Surely you two are lying upside down? The wider part of the bed is for the head and body , the narrow end for legs 😎
When we had a similar bed in a Pageant Bordeaux we had heads at the wider section of the bed, I slept on the outside and being 6ft 4inch the ends of my legs dangled into space, but not a problem getting cold as we both used sleeping bags.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I thought the same as who lies that way on a French bed? :LOL: We had that layout in our Lunar and decided it was not for us as during the night one has to climb over the other. Our island bed mattress is 2120 x 1435mm in size

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

What about a layout with the island bed at the rear and bathroom in the middle? Kids sleep in front while you cad lie in bed watching TV.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Agree Buckman, someone said to us climbing ove each other was a PITA

And to choose a caravan with an island bed, but then we also need bunk beds.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
What about a layout with the island bed at the rear and bathroom in the middle? Kids sleep in front while you cad lie in bed watching TV.
We have a kid who will through the night decide to raid the fridge, and the cooker is there also

He is 8 and is on the waiting list to be assessed for ADHD

He was recently staying at his Gran and Grandads, and in the early hours went to the kitchen and tried to turn on the Gas..... not sure what was going through his head, but luckily he didn't know how to properly release the gas. My mum only found out when she went to cook some bacon and the knob was moved.

So they need to be in bunk beds and away from equipment through the night, which is why buying a Caravan is a predicement for us with layouts.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Sadly in your case I don't think there is any layout that would be suitable as all layouts will allow access to equipment even if you have their bunk beds at the rear.
This is what I mean the if the bed was wider on the 670 SE, which also has the bunk bed at the back.

This would have been ideal, as we would know when he was getting up :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is what I mean the if the bed was wider on the 670 SE, which also has the bunk bed at the back.

This would have been ideal, as we would know when he was getting up :)
I was not familiar with layout and now understand your issue. That layout should work for you, but you need to compromise. Do you always sleep on your back fully stretched out.

Unfortunately you have two threads running discussing the same thing and it is getting confusing. Maybe the mods can merge the two threads.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Agree Buckman, someone said to us climbing ove each other was a PITA

And to choose a caravan with an island bed, but then we also need bunk beds.
Is a fixed double bed an absolute requirement? Bunks in the rear, central bathroom and you and the missus use the front seats converted to night use. That’s one massive double bed , especially with an 8 ft wide caravan?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts