Anyone heard rumours about 2024 Caravan Models?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is a fixed double bed an absolute requirement? Bunks in the rear, central bathroom and you and the missus use the front seats converted to night use. That’s one massive double bed , especially with an 8 ft wide caravan?
That’s what we did in our last van. Having bunks at the back, one converted to a small ( kids) double and the van had double dinette. Have so much flexibility when we had granddaughter with us or if just myself and wife. Even the lower rear bunk was long enough for me. Putting the front together as a double took minutes and my wife did it whilst I took dogs out for last widdle.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
So they need to be in bunk beds and away from equipment through the night, which is why buying a Caravan is a predicement for us with layouts.
Following on from the above couple of comments, you could also find one with 2 singles behind a door? You sleep at the front on the pull out? The advantage of this layout is that if you add a TV in that area the kids now have their own very usable space, plus the single beds will be more usable longer for them, bunks are typically tiny.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Following on from the above couple of comments, you could also find one with 2 singles behind a door? You sleep at the front on the pull out? The advantage of this layout is that if you add a TV in that area the kids now have their own very usable space, plus the single beds will be more usable longer for them, bunks are typically tiny.
The lower bunk in our Sprite would take me at 6ft 4in although not fully stretched out. But the upper bunk had a weight limit. Can’t remember what it was as we never used it and removed it to gain a bit more payload. But it was geared to a child weight.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That’s a French bed. Surely you two are lying upside down? The wider part of the bed is for the head and body , the narrow end for legs 😎
We brought a Bailey Ranger 460/4 with the same bed i slept on the outside i am 6ft 5in and my feet dangled and my wife on the inside with no problems and we kept it for 5 years .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Swift 670 SE

Ok this is our dilemna, and why we are in two minds whether to buy this caravan or not.

This is the only thing stopping us, it's either forget about it or lose weight, does anyone else have this issue with these beds?

As you can see, there isn't much room on the double bed, and why they call it a double when it's only 122cm width.... if they had made this just a bit bigger!

Wasn't going to post these pictures, but hey ho!

View attachment 5283

View attachment 5282

View attachment 5284
I can see your problem but as a couple we are both about 5' 6'' so not a problem. Possibly your best solution is to make up the bed from the front lounge, which gives you a far longer bed, but is more work. Sometimes being short has its benefits.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the advise

It's finding a Caravan which has bunk beds at the back, and a door which can be closed so the wee man can sleep. We have no issues with sleeping at the front, and the Coachman 630 Extra is looking a possibility, even though there is no door.

Maybe the new versions for 2024 will release somethign that fits our needs.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The 2018 Buccaneer Clipper with a bathroom in the middle has two bunk beds at the rear on either side and if I remember correctly there is a passage door. You could then sleep in the front.

Unfortunately they no longer make that model new, but the layout may suit you? Here is a link showing you the layout and not sure what other brands have the same layout. https://elddis.co.uk/uploads/Brochures/Brochure Archive/2018 Buccaneer-Price-List-2018.pdf

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Just out of curiosity,

If I was to join the Camping and Caravan Club, do they have a network of dealerships who work together as part of that Club scheme.

i.e. Could a Caravan be fixed under warranty, if it wasn't purchased from them?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just out of curiosity,

If I was to join the Camping and Caravan Club, do they have a network of dealerships who work together as part of that Club scheme.

C&CC and CC do not have any network of dealers. Highly unlikely another dealer will do warranty work on a caravan purchased elsewhere as they get paid a pittance by the manufacturer for warranty work and they priortise their own customers..

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have a kid who will through the night decide to raid the fridge, and the cooker is there also

He is 8 and is on the waiting list to be assessed for ADHD

He was recently staying at his Gran and Grandads, and in the early hours went to the kitchen and tried to turn on the Gas..... not sure what was going through his head, but luckily he didn't know how to properly release the gas. My mum only found out when she went to cook some bacon and the knob was moved.

So they need to be in bunk beds and away from equipment through the night, which is why buying a Caravan is a predicement for us with layouts.
There are taps to turn off the as to individual items usually on the floor under the cooker. If you have this problem it is probably best to turn he cooker valve off at night.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There are taps to turn off the as to individual items usually on the floor under the cooker. If you have this problem it is probably best to turn he cooker valve off at night.
Another option is to remove the knobs however correct me if I am wrong, surely the gas will not switch on or ignite if the hob lid is closed?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Another option is to remove the knobs however correct me if I am wrong, surely the gas will not switch on or ignite if the hob lid is closed?
This is true on hobs made now but it is a very recent innovation and many caravans do not have this. The flame failure device should prevent a problem for almost everyone else, but you may not want to rely on it.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Ok, according to my sources,

There will be a new type Control Panel fitted on the Challenger and above versions

Is there anyone on here, who may work for a dealership have more iformation on this, and how it works?

I would be most greateful if anyone had a snapshot picture of the panel, althouth we may need to wait for NEC

I'm just wondering if Swift are finally installing the Command unit, instead of the basic one.

I was watching a video on the Swift Command last night, and as I love my tech, was drawn in to all it's great features.

It's such a shame they stopped installing them on higher cost caravans, there must have been a reason.... maybe too many failures.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
New Swift 2024 Line Up as follows for this dealer exclusive

Not much changes to the Challenger, washroom is slightly updated, and there is now a NEW Command Control Panel, which we wanted but can't have it all as a deposit is now placed for the Challenger Grande 670 SE
Nice looking caravans. There's a strange contrast on the Conquer and Elegance Grande info. There you have caravans with comforts akin to a nice home, and they are pitched on a lonely gravel beach with four people who look as if they have starred in "Castaway" or 'Treasure Island". Is that Ben Gunn I see? What dream are swift trying to sell?

• Haha
Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I have found a link to what looks like a 'draft' 2024 SWIFT website (different to the main SWIFT website) and it suggests that SWIFT are dropping the Challenger (basic model) leaving the Challenger SE model, dropping the Conqueror range and replacing it (by the looks of it) with a Challenger 'Exclusive' range. From a motorhome perspective, looks like they are dropping the SWIFT Edge and Select vans.... I expect this will be updated as the site is still showing unchanged 2023 product lines (e.g the Sprite line up, photo's and furnishings are still this years).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just out of curiosity,

You need to understand there are two ways that faults with new caravans can be managed. The first is through the manufacturers warranty, and the theory of these schemes was that you could approach any dealer in the scheme to have faults covered by the manufacturers warranty. But the reality is as others have said, most dealers are reluctant to undertake warranty work unless they sold the caravan.

The second way is to have the necessary repairs carried out under the Consumer Rights Legislation, but this ONLY applies to seller.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Only with Elegance caravans sadly

There‘s no way I’d pay £2500 for an A/C unit, I’d rather just purchase a tower fan for £50

But at that price, I would most certainly jump on it, what a pity

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Only with Elegance caravans sadly

There‘s no way I’d pay £2500 for an A/C unit, I’d rather just by a tower fan for £50

But at that price, I would most certainly jump on it, what a pity
If fitted by a third party an aircon is probably about £1750 and comes with a 3 year warranty. From a dealer except to pay silly prices.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the Compass name has been lost again, they were only an Eldiss with different trim, so perhaps no problem there. As they were sold through different dealers to Eldiss though not sure where the Compass dealers will stand.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts