Aquakem sachets

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been using Thetford's Aquakem blue liquid for years. I see now they produce Aqua Kem sachets. Has anybody tried these and are they as effective as the liquid, which is not as good as it used to be. The thing I like about the liquid is I can vary the dose if the weather is really hot, with sachets you can't inless you put two in. Just looking at ways to lighten the load and make life a bit easier and cleaner.

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julian

If you wish to lighten the load and make life easier and cleaner then you should try Kemdirect toilet additive from Holland. www.kemdirect.nl

It is a biodegradable, granular, dry product and replaces both top and bottom so no more bottles needed. Definately less weight.

You can use half sachets if required and it completely breaks down the contents so all you pour away is liquid.

It causes no problems in the rinse tank and in fact keeps it from requiring cleaning and no problems with black bits.

You also get no staining from it as contains no dye so no more blus fingers!

Hans used to work for Thetford and left because they would not produce better chemicals. Kemdirect has been selling for 5 years now in Holland and 2 here in the UK.

It has no smell and there is no chemical smell or other smell in the toilet and no smell when empting the bottom tank.

Hope this helps... Joyce

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have tried the sachets, but found that they tend to disintegrate into something of a soggy mess in the bottom of the box. If you really want to try them, I would advise storing them in a dry area (i.e not in the toilet compartment!). A good idea, but we have now gone back to the liquid stuff.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have been using them for a few years now and find then great. we have used them in Italy and France in very hot temps and found them better than the liquids. if you keep them in the container or takeaway tray they are great. i sell these on ebay for 25 scahets for

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Joyce,

Where can I buy Kemdirect in the UK. Its got to be worth a try. The Fenwicks Top and Tail smells awful, the Thetford Pink fills the tank with Black Bits, so its got to be time to try Kemdirect.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Talking about "black bits" ,i have flushed my rinsing tank several times now and also use the pink rinse but still get the bits ,Thetford say the pink gets rid of it but i believe its getting worse. Has anyone found the answer to this problem.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Robert,

We also used Thetford but got so fed up trying to get rid of the black bits that we went on to use Fenwicks top & tail and have had no trouble since.I also don't mind the perfume of it either.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julian

If you wish to lighten the load and make life easier and cleaner then you should try Kemdirect toilet additive from Holland. www.kemdirect.nl

It is a biodegradable, granular, dry product and replaces both top and bottom so no more bottles needed. Definately less weight.

You can use half sachets if required and it completely breaks down the contents so all you pour away is liquid.

It causes no problems in the rinse tank and in fact keeps it from requiring cleaning and no problems with black bits.

Hans used to work for Thetford and left because they would not produce better chemicals. Kemdirect has been selling for 5 years now in Holland and 2 here in the UK.

It has no smell and there is no chemical smell or other smell in the toilet and no smell when empting the bottom tank.

Hope this helps... Joyce
julian,

great sight but where`s the english version?

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julian

Hope this helps... Joyce
sorry Joyce it`s the age, is there an english site?

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julian

Hope this helps... Joyce
FOUND IT SORRY FOR BEING A DIP STICK

tONY a

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
When I removed the manual pump the other day to repair it, I cleaned the inside of the flush tank completely, there were a few small leaves from when I have filled it but no black bits, and I have been using "pink".

If you have black bits it maybe it's worthwhile removing the pump and cleaning the tank.

I wonder if the "pink" is affecting the seal on the pump plunger or the bellows as there is nothing else coloured black in the tank, (except for the rubber seal on the filler flap).

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
The "black bits" are microbial growth and have nothing to do with black plastic or rubber in the toilet - you may see similar in your bathroom growing around any silicone sealant.

The cure to stopping "black bits" is to clean and dry out the top (and bottom) tanks - they need water (or damp conditions) to grow.

Chemical additives can help - but it's best to make sure the tanks are dry and well aired.

Robert

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Have been away at the Norfolk Game and Country Show and apologies to those who asked me a question.

I directed you to the Dutch web site as it has all the information about Kemdirect and the three products including the toilet additive. Our web site only has a page about them and the mail order details but you can come through to ours from the Dutch one just click UK distributors.

For those of you who are suffering from the dreaded `black bits` they are caused by an imbalance of the pink fliud. I have a feeling that Thetford know this as they are willing to sell you a tank cleaner.

Hans the inventor of Kemdirect used to be one of their biochemists and he has taught me a lot about their products and chemicals in general.

If you use his product Kemdirect toilet additive you never suffer from the black bits again and in the beginning the product actually cleans out your tank itself.

There is no smell or dye and when used there is no smell and all you empty it coloured water.

We are still having difficulty in getting it into the dealers as the big boys do not wish to have the competition...but Thetford have just launch a new granular product this year which only goes in the bottom tank but they were unsuccessful at overturning so far the patent Hans has on 5 ingredients in the toilet additive...he won the first court hearings!

Nice to think the little fish beat the big fish......

Hope this answers any quiries but if not ask again...Joyce

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi clive the advert came off today but if want to email me on volvofh@tiscali.co.uk i can sort some out for you. these are made by sanipac. they treat up to 40Ltrs at a time and are better value than the aqua kem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts