Aquaroll water hook-up thingy

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone use these successfully?

I've had my Aquaroll mains water connector for a few years and haven't had much success with it.

It's the type with the float valve in the Aquaroll that allows the pump to function normally and maintains the water level, in the Aquaroll, at about half full.

The problem is, it doesn't!

Very occasionally it works - out of, I think, 5 trips to serviced pitches it's been coaxed into compliance twice!

Is this normal? Do other people spend days trying to set their tap at the optimum dribble?

On my current site I have the tap set to give the impression that the washer is slightly perished, but still the Aquaroll overflows!

Do other people experience this? Are there better alternatives to the Aquaroll product?

If I just threw it away and bought a new one would my life be transformed?

Are they worth the hassle?

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks WoodlandCamper but, looking at the picture on your first link, it looks like what I've got and, reading the review on your second link, it sounds like what I've got too!!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
swpostie said:
Thanks WoodlandCamper but, looking at the picture on your first link, it looks like what I've got and, reading the review on your second link, it sounds like what I've got too!!

They may look the same but they have different workings. Our 'caravan-specific' one failed during its second use and flooded the aquaroll, however the replacement from Wickes has been used plenty of times and still works perfectly (as it would in a domestic toilet cistern).

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Ah - so it seems likely that the diaphragm, in mine, is past it's best.

Sir WC - presumably, if I bought a Torbeck valve, I would just replace the corresponding parts rather than the whole thing?

With the valve working correctly, should I be able to have a reasonable flow of water from the tap on the pitch, or would I still have to ensure that it's only just running?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
swpostie said:
With the valve working correctly, should I be able to have a reasonable flow of water from the tap on the pitch, or would I still have to ensure that it's only just running?

if I bought a Torbeck valve, I would just replace the corresponding parts rather than the whole thing?

The torbeck valve is the same as a toilet system that is fitted in a house, they work off normal mains water pressure, so if the tap was turned on full and the valve working correctly it will close off and stop the water from overfilling your aquaroll, what you have to do is if you move pitch or disconnect your water from the tap just make sure that no grit gets into the pipe or you will have a overflowing problem again, you should be able to get a mesh filter the same that is fitted to either a dish washer or washing machine inlet pipe and that should help future problems. you will have to take yours apart to find out if other parts are compatable

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
...mains water pressure... tap turned on full... it's the stuff of dreams!

Now, if I can find a pen, I have a shopping list to write!!

Thanks Sproket.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
swpostie said:
...mains water pressure... tap turned on full... it's the stuff of dreams!

Now, if I can find a pen, I have a shopping list to write!!

Thanks Sproket.

You will only have mains pressure to your aquaroll, your water pressure in the van is controlled by the vans water pump.... mains water pressure direct to the van will blow the joints apart ....

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm happy with the water pressure inside the 'van but have got rather fed up with turning the tap, on the pitch, anti-clockwise by a microscopic amount before returning to the 'van and glancing nervously out of the window, at the Aquaroll, every five minutes, swearing and then splashing back to turn the tap off, paddling back to the caravan to turn the tap on, so that the water in the Aquaroll drops down to below the level of the float, then returning to the tap(on the pitch) to repeat the process!!!!!

I was beginning to think it wasn't saving me as much time as it should have been!

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Been using my aqua roll float for about 8 years with no problem. Always turn the site tap on full and only turn it off when going home. Aqua roll always stays around half full.

Mike

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
MikeyW said:
Been using my aqua roll float for about 8 years with no problem. Always turn the site tap on full and only turn it off when going home. Aqua roll always stays around half full.

Mike

This is what I do also. Never had a problem with the float.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I found problems with the float if I hadn't used it foe some time, just took it apart and fited it back together, normaly after the 3 rd attempt it works, looked at the new Aqua Roll direct feed system, but the cost was way to high, so I bought a claber pressure reducer for £12. It reduces down to 1 bar max (15 psi) (14.8 before the Prof gets me) suitable for a caravan system, and made my own adaptor to plug into the van, works a treat.
https://www.easygardenwatering.co.uk/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29918
Hutch.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
....so I bought a claber pressure reducer for £12. ......., and made my own adaptor to plug into the van, works a treat.
https://www.easygardenwatering.co.uk/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29918

Please note that for health reasons you should be using food grade pipe and fittings and not garden grade. :sick:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Will the caravan filter not sort out any problems with that. What about the hose from taps to the Aqua roll etc, the aqua roll kit, hose and float valve etc looks garden quality to myself. And I must admit some of the water points I have obtained water from are very, " Garden grade".

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Before I get my head bitten off, The Aqua roll hoses are of food quality grade, this can be found on their website,
Thanks WC for the correct info,

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Well, I went to B&Q this morning and bought a Thomas Dudley side-entry water inlet valve for a cistern (they didn't have any Torbeck ones).

It came with a three year guarantee and even had its own filter - and tool to remove said filter!

Obviously it didn't fit!

But a few minutes "adjusting" it and all's well - I now have the pitch tap on full and my Aquaroll is maintained at half full.

Thanks to all for your help.

Incidentally, I was interested to see that the official Aquaroll one, I removed, is stamped "Torbeck".

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
When on a serviced pitch I use the Truma mains water line which does away with the need for n Aquaroll . It has an inline pressure reducing valve and have never had any problems. It does away with the need to carry an Aquaroll, which although not very heavy is bulky and they take up room in the van when being transported. Whale also do a mains water line.
If not on a serviced pitch I take two Aquarolls as I can guarantee late at night in a gale the cry of "grandad there is no water" is shouted and it is quicker to *** out and change the pump over rather than stand at a tap waiting for the Aquaroll to fill whilst getting soaked .

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
The in-line pressure reducers are a good idea BUT have been known to fail resulting in flooding the inside of the van with mains pressure water. :evil: You pays your money and takes your choice. ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
WC your , true in what you say, I also have two aqua rolls, walking the dogs last thing at night and change barrels, how many of us turn off the pump at night, found The pipes pushed apart once a week before changing vans , had the heating on max for two days so the dealer didnt say I had damp. Now switch off pump whenevera we remember , going out.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
The in-line pressure reducers are a good idea BUT have been known to fail resulting in flooding the inside of the van with mains pressure water. :evil: You pays your money and takes your choice. ;)
wise words here Mike.Sir WC is spot on.
The direct connection method is not as good or reliable as it may sound.
Too much emphasis on the caravan systems supporting mains pressure.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DD, , i agree , better not having water going into the van on a full blown all night/ day of water, supply, changed my mind of water supply now.. not going to use my full time hook up. Just take the dogs out for a walk in the rain.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
If not on a serviced pitch I take two Aquarolls as I can guarantee late at night in a gale the cry of "grandad there is no water" is shouted and it is quicker to *** out and change the pump over rather than stand at a tap waiting for the Aquaroll to fill whilst getting soaked .

To be honest so far I have found that a spot of prior planning works wonders, we have rarely used more than one Aquaroll full in the course of a day so I make it the case that I top up before bed time at about the same time as I check the toilette cassette and make sure that the grey water tank isn't overflowing (yes I have got a longer hose to drain that on serviced pitches). I have entertained the double Aquaroll idea and the mains connection to the aquaroll for serviced pitches and maybe I will invest in one or both next year. Thanks for the insight into what I am letting myself in for; Obviously I assumed that buying a piece of kit for the caravan would mean that it was fit for purpose but this may not always be the case LOL. :S

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
WC your , true in what you say, I also have two aqua rolls, walking the dogs last thing at night and change barrels, how many of us turn off the pump at night, found The pipes pushed apart once a week before changing vans , had the heating on max for two days so the dealer didnt say I had damp. Now switch off pump whenevera we remember , going out.

Please help me....How do you get 2 full aqua rolls into 1 empty waste container???? :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts