Aquaroll

Feb 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking for a cover or bag i can put my aquaroll into during hot days. we were away for 2 weeks last summer when it was really hot and when drinking the water you tasted the plastic and it was horrible i'm looking for something that reflects the heat and keeps the aquaroll quite cool?

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Steve

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
A simpler and a more effective solution is to simply shade the Aquaroll rather than cover it. That way any breeze will cool it down to local air temperature; covered it will normally be above the ambient temperature.

Wind break?

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
If it is only for drinking water why not use a small container you can fill with cold fresh water when you get back to the van.

We wash out a plastic milk container and use that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Five years ago we were in western France during that mega heatwave they had were hundreds died because of the heat. Due to the positioning of our caravan, one of the heat problems was that water was coming out of the aquaroll hotter than it was coming out of the water heater. I solved to problem to some extend by rapping the aquarolls in one of those shiney things you put in your windscreen when you park. Worked a treat.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I would never drink caravan tap water either, Legionaires etc . Keep a bottle in the fridge and be thankful you are saving the planet energy by having a solar water heater !

May 20, 2006
Visit site
I always take bottled mineral water away, normally 1 large bottle lasts the boss and me an entire weekend.

I would never drink from the taps, even if the aqua roll is filled from a drinking water tap, there are still insects, bacteria and stagnant water left in pipes from the last trip.

it costs us about a pound for clean fresh cool water for 2-3 days use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts