Artificial or real?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Tree?
This year we got a real Christmas tree. Rather over did it as the thing fills the room (it was all done up in netting when we bought it so I didn't realise how big it was). Then had a fight to get it straight in the stand. In spite of watering it is dropping needles like mad. Does smell nice though.
What about you?
Mel

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Artificial with built-in lights - but only because the grandsons will come round.

Christmas trees are a custom imported by the German royals we now have - Scots Pines are the only native pine in the UK, and they're best left on Scottish hillsides.

Bah, humbug !!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Sproket said:
emmerson said:
Neither! Bah Humbug!

Is this a age thing :eek:hmy: :evil:
Maybe - Christmas is for children - it's taken 5 decades but I have now managed not to be childish - oh, and sorry to burst your bubble but Father Christmas is just someone dressing up!

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Artificial with built in lights. Apparently I have volunteered to fetch it down from the loft this evening.

I apparently originally volunteered to fetch it down last night, but when it was nearly ten before I got home from doing a favour for the amdram group (that I'd volunteered for in the same way), I went on strike.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Quote - "but Father Christmas is just someone dressing up" -- Nah! - Not having that, been doing Christmases for 70+ years always had my stocking filled and never seen him/her dressing up, but fortunately 'he/she' still arrives!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Artificial black six foot tree, with white lights and glass/silver ornaments and NO tinsel. Kids don't get a look in, they get their own to mess up! It will go up AFTER I've finished with the local andrams, as I'm in the panto this year. Oh yes I am..

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........a real one in the front open porch.
I dug it up as a seedling when we were up above the Artic Circle with the caravan in Norway.
It is now nearly 3 ft high and growing nicely in a pot.
.........an artificial one in the living room decorated with baubals and nicknacks .....both decorated with lights.

Neither are put out yet as we are currently trying to keep cool in sunny Tenerife :) :whistle: :oops:

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I'm outnumbered 2 to 1 at the moment, but our daughter is buying her own house and moves out of our house in the new year. :cheer: Xmas next year is at her house.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
We have a real Christmas tree...it must be real because it says "Christmas tree" on the box that it came in many years ago.

Ho Ho Ho, of course Santa is real to everyone who wants to believe so.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In today;s paper there is a report of some university research which appears to claim ('scientifically') that a real tree is 'better for you' than a fake. This largely relates to the scent and particles emitted.

Now that students have to pay for their own university courses, I can't get too upset about this sort of 'research' but you have to wonder what spin-off from it will help to increase our industrial productivity.

But then, people once said computers would never catch on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts