Audible Indicator Warning

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Hello,As far as i know there is no way of knowing for certain which side light bulb had failed unless of course each bulb had its own circuit.Im pretty sure c,vans arnt wired up this way,mine definently isnt.(2009)

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I fitted the dedicated 13pin electrics to my VX Insignia. If any of the caravan bulbs fails I get a warning on my dashboard telling me which bulb on the trailer has failed is stop lights, tail lights, left or right indictor etc.

The car knows it has something connected as there is a small micro switch in the 13pin socket.

I much prefer it's this way, I must say I find the buzzer very off putting.

May 21, 2019
Visit site
My audible alarm come on if there is a light or indicator failure on the trailer or caravan. To test take a bulb out and the the alarm start. I found out after it didn't come on when I used the indicator on my caravan. I then tried on my daughter's trailer and the audible alarm came on to indicate bulb failure. It also gave a single beeb when the brake was pressed to indicate another bulb failure. The car is a Hyundai i40 Detachable Towbar fitted by main dealer prior to delivery

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Svend said:
My audible alarm come on if there is a light or indicator failure on the trailer or caravan. To test take a bulb out and the the alarm start. I found out after it didn't come on when I used the indicator on my caravan. I then tried on my daughter's trailer and the audible alarm came on to indicate bulb failure. It also gave a single beeb when the brake was pressed to indicate another bulb failure. The car is a Hyundai i40 Detachable Towbar fitted by main dealer prior to delivery
Hopefully, 9 years on the OP has fixed his problem :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts