Auto Glym Polar Blast and Polar Glass

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve been told that using my Karcher K4 on low , spraying the Polar Blast onto the car and caravan will bring them back to almost new, finishing off with Polar Glass.
Never heard or used these before , nor am I keen on any pressure washer on the caravan. I am being a dinosaur not using them ? Are they any good?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I’ve been told that using my Karcher K4 on low , spraying the Polar Blast onto the car and caravan will bring them back to almost new, finishing off with Polar Glass.
Never heard or used these before , nor am I keen on any pressure washer on the caravan. I am being a dinosaur not using them ? Are they any good?
Stay a dinosaur I say, why even risk it?
By all means try it on the car.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I used a pressure washer on my vans, without issue. But never direct. An acute angle and some distance. Just common sense.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have used a pressure washer on a previous caravan previously and there has been no issue if you use common sense. Our current caravan is in storage so cannot snow foam it.

We now have a Karcher K4 and it is brilliant especially when using snow foam on the car. It came with two different lances. I use the Bilt Hamer snow foam. I did try the Autoglym collection, but it worked out more expensive although one was as good as the other. The important part is buying the correct snow gun.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were told not to use a pressure water on a caravan but if you do make sure you are using correct tool and stand at a reasonable distance if you don"t you could damage the paint and bodywork from the force of the water.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
I use the polar blast on our van but the pressure is switched very low, less that the hose pipe I'd say, snow foam followed by wash mitt and quality shampoo in a proper washing bucket with grid to drain any grit etc.
Always comes up nice.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Was in our local dealer a while back as someone brought there van in for a warranty claim for a leaking roof. They proudly told the dealer that they carefully pressure washed after every use.

The response was that they'd most likely blasted out the flexible sealant under the roof strap and it was unlikely Eldiss would accept a claim.

Pressure wash with great care if you must!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
From what I was told you use the pressure washer on a very low setting using a special fine wand to lay the polar blast. I have never used a pressure washer on my caravans but was interested if anyone knows how effective this latest type of cleaner is. I guess there’s no such thing as an easy wash and polish😎

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The snow foam, comes out of the applicator as just that a foam. Leave it on the car/ caravan for 10 to 15 minutes, and using a soft brush wash it off, all it does is soften any road grime.

Reactions: Kevin M
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
From what I was told you use the pressure washer on a very low setting using a special fine wand to lay the polar blast. I have never used a pressure washer on my caravans but was interested if anyone knows how effective this latest type of cleaner is. I guess there’s no such thing as an easy wash and polish😎
If using a snow gun there is no issue as all it does is gently spray on the foam. Washing off the foam you could use a normal hose pipe.

Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
Snow foaming a caravan seems a bit pointless to me. The primary purpose is to carry away debris, hardened dirt and grit which would cause swirls (like you get from a machine car wash) when the primary wash takes place. On a caravan these are not nearly so noticeable as a high gloss paint finish on a car. It's not intended to replace the actual washing of the vehicle/caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts