Autumnal France 2009 Blog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For those interested this link will take you to my latest Blog of our trip down through France and into Spain during the autumn of this year. Autumnal Blog Its the first time we have been to Europe so late in the year so planning campsites was important although we managed fine, even trying a new (to us) campsite near Calais before returning home.

This looks like being my last Blog for a while as I need to have hip replacement surgery which is likely to be some time in the New Year. Not altogether sure how long recovery is but obviously will want to get away again in the caravan as soon as its possible but I suspect next September will be the earliest we will be able to get back to Europe.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks David really enjoyed reading your blog and the great photographs. Oh for more time to be able to undertake such a trip.

One of the more interesting items on the forum and I'm sure will inspire quite a few others.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
David - what sort of camera do you use? You take some lovely photographs.

I'm slowly reading through your blog - and I only wish I had the skill to do something similar.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Val

I currently use an Olympus C5060 which I think is referred to as a bridge camera, ie just down from an SLR. I has the advantage that it is a little less bulky than an SLR but is actually heavier than some of the popular DSLR's It is now 5 years old and I am wondering whether invest in a DSLR as it would give me a bit more flexibility.

David

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Thanks David. I thought you might already have a DSLR - Mr Val A would like one from Father Christmas!

My sons have Nikon DSLR's and take fantastic photographs too - although I'm very pleased with my Canon Ixus which is small enough to go in a lady's handbag!

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Thanks David. I thought you might already have a DSLR - Mr Val A would like one from Father Christmas!

My sons have Nikon DSLR's and take fantastic photographs too - although I'm very pleased with my Canon Ixus which is small enough to go in a lady's handbag!
I'm sure Mrs Chrisbee could get a 1970's TV camera in her handbag! It's like Dr Who's phone box, small on the outside but huge inside & contains everything you could ever need.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David

I look forward to reading about your Autumn trip, they always make an excellent read. I am sorry to hear about your hip and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Best wishes to you and your wife for Christmas and the New Year.

BarryB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello David and thank you for taking so much trouble to create a wonderful log of your travels!! I particularly enjoyed it because we have spent many happy days in France with our caravan and the 2 bears(POMERANIANS).We will be going again next April for 7weeks and intend to visit some of the places you include on the blog.I too have to have a hip replacement so good luck with yours.Everyone I have spoken to who have this procedure are so pleased with the result.I am sure we will be too!!

Thursdays Child

Feb 25, 2008
Visit site
Great Blog David!

We have been thinking of travelling down to Barcelona over about six weks next May/June and your journal has been very helpful.

If I was clever enough I would be able to create a similar travelogue but I'm not good enough on my computer.

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
David

Following reading your autumn blog which was excellent reading, especially knowing a lot of the areas you described, I found your Italian Blog 2009. Again your notes on the northern Italian lakes brought the memories flooding back, we last went about 5 years ago. Excellent reading and photos - well done and great you could share with us all.

Regards

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David,

I have just finished reading your latest blog and as usual I found it a great read. You are inspiring me to do something similar after our Grand Bornard trip.

I hope all goes well with your hip replacement and it isn't too long before your back on the road and blogging again.

Cheers

Andy

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Brilliant Blog,

We will use some of the info to go the same route to southern Spain this December and might try other parts out when we head for the France in Sept 2010 all being well

Thanks the read and info

Wayne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts