Availability of New Body Parts (Swift) Question for Andy & Ash

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings,

After 2500miles of trouble free continental driving (including 1800 towing) I managed to rearrange the offside of the Swift 560 (2007) in the garage opposite the Santander Dock entrance. Grrrrr

Can either of you guys at Swift tell me what the availablity of replacement parts is for this model.

At first glance I'm looking at a new side, awning rail and rubbing strip.

My concern is that we don't want to be without the 'van for a long period as we've got a busy season ahead.

Thanks in anticipation

Thanks in anticipation.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Del,

Sorry to hear about you accident. The awning rail and rub rail are readily available, and therefore, should be very quick.

A complete new side, however, would need to be manufactured, and therefore, this would be a much longer lead time. We do quote a leadtime of 6 weeks for parts, and I would suspect that a new side would be around this time.

If you ask your Dealer, they will be able to place an order, and also obtain an estimated delivery date for all the parts.

Thanks,

Ash

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Del,

Sorry to hear about you accident. The awning rail and rub rail are readily available, and therefore, should be very quick.

A complete new side, however, would need to be manufactured, and therefore, this would be a much longer lead time. We do quote a leadtime of 6 weeks for parts, and I would suspect that a new side would be around this time.

If you ask your Dealer, they will be able to place an order, and also obtain an estimated delivery date for all the parts.

Thanks,

Ash
Ash,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Don't you have anything else to do but answer questions from us caravanners at all hours???

The reason I asked the question is that, on a previous occasion, we were fobbed off and let down by a dealer following a warranty claim.

I'm afraid it's a question of 'Knowledge is power' Your response will allow me to have the information when I go into the dealer.

Once again, thank you.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We did some damage to the side, awning rail and rear panel of our Swift (much older than yours) and our dealer was able to order all the parts from Swift. When the parts had all arrived he called the van in and was able to let us have it back within days. The van was useable with the damage, and we sealed up any obvious water ingress possibilities, using large amounts of duct tape so we could keep on using it. Obviously it wasn't ideal but did mean that it wasn't out of action.

Ours was an insurance claim - our cover includes accidental damage - so it was all paid for by the insurance company.

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your van. You may find your insurance company will make a total loss payment and if you have new for old you would get a new van. When you say a new side is needed what usually happens is that a new outer skin of aluminium is bonded onto the repaired side in a press. You will have single sheet sides and good repairers can cut and join aluminium if the damage is localised from tin in stock. GRP panels are easy to repair so it may be possible to fix it as good as new quickly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings again,

Thanks for your replies Val and Peter.

In the cold light of a March day the damage doesn't seem half as bad as when it happened, although at the time I could have cried.

The problem was (and for anyone out there, a salutory lesson learned the hard way,) we had pulled into the filling station at the 'wrong pump' on purpose because there was a large MH pulling a Toad on the diesel pump. The road outside the garage is a Red Route. We had to wait some time and, when it became our turn, I had to perform a, 'turn sharp left' manouvre to reverse onto the said filling point.

As a result of the time lapse, I 'forgot' and did not reassess my immediate surroundings and did not notice the pump that I had pulled alongside while waiting.

As I turned sharp left (tight space) the rear end of the van went sharp right and in doing so collided with said pump.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts