Avante 534 fixed bed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have recently purchased a 2006 model of the above and we are suffering with a very squeaky bed. The metal frames at the head board end do not meet as the wooden frame next to the toilet/shower area appears to be slightly to high. Has anybody else come across this problem?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi phil, we have had the same problem with our aurora .i fixed the squeak with some single sided stickyback foam(draught proof type) i stuck it on the metal frame where it rests on the wood job done !!!also when loading gear under bed make sure you dont disturb rear support board, cheers jim.ps notice no smutty comments

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just an update for anybody else who might be suffering similar problems - the bed had been made without the rubber/plastic grommets through which the wooden slats should run to stop the wood rubbing on metal. Am awaiting these at present, so should soon be able to sleep soundly (or should that be soundlessly?).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Phil, Our friend got a fix bed like your, they only use it twice since it was new, one night they went to bed during the early hours of the morning it gave way the frame came a way from the wall, took it back to the dealer, guess what they did ? glue the broken wood together, like hell they moan till the dealer put a new bed frame in, all now is well, but have heard that Elddis have had the most problem for fix bed more than any other make, do hope you get your fix, Happy Caravaning.

Trevor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts