Aventa Compact Plus A/C but No Heat?

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi Folks

Another issue I have come across today when trying out the Aventa A/C for the first time.

We understood our Avent Compact Plus would pump out cold air and also heat if required.

I’ve just tested the machine, and there is no heat symbol o the remote control… after I watched a video showing this feature

Has anyone else had a Compact Plus fitted and did you also have a heat setting?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Folks

Another issue I have come across today when trying out the Aventa A/C for the first time.

We understood our Avent Compact Plus would pump out cold air and also heat if required.

I’ve just tested the machine, and there is no heat symbol o the remote control… after I watched a video showing this feature

Has anyone else had a Compact Plus fitted and did you also have a heat setting?
Having looked at Truma's website, there seems to be no mention of a heating facility https://www.truma.com/gb/products/air-conditioning-systems-gb/aventa-gb/aventa-compact-plus/

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ok so dug a bit more into this…

The heat setting is only available on the Comfort models
We have the Comfort and have only tried the "heat" facility once as we have ALDE heating. Stunk to high heaven due to dust collecting on elements. Now realised it was a waste of time having the Comfort version fitted when the Compact would have been adequate.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
We have the Comfort and have only tried the "heat" facility once as we have ALDE heating. Stunk to high heaven due to dust collecting on elements. Now realised it was a waste of time having the Comfort version fitted when the Compact would have been adequate.
Cheers Buckman

Feel much better not having that option now.

Yes the ALDE takes some time to kick in but is superb once at the right temp.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cheers Buckman

Feel much better not having that option now.

Yes the ALDE takes some time to kick in but is superb once at the right temp.
Just to add, heat rises so if using the Comfort to heat the caravan, it will probably take even longer than the ALDE.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A cheap fan heater is the easy way to get quick heat, rather than wait for the Alde to heat up.
Using a cheap fan heater means that you need to use gas to heat up the caravan otherwise you may trip something? We have underfloor heating so no issue with ti heating up quickly. (y) :D

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Using a cheap fan heater means that you need to use gas to heat up the caravan otherwise you may trip something? We have underfloor heating so no issue with ti heating up quickly. (y) :D
You'd only trip the electrics by running both on full power - on arrival, I warm our caravan by using the fan heater on 1 kw with the Alde on 1kw - this works much faster than just running the Alde at 2kw or 3kw.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You'd only trip the electrics by running both on full power - on arrival, I warm our caravan by using the fan heater on 1 kw with the Alde on 1kw - this works much faster than just running the Alde at 2kw or 3kw.
Not sure how that makes any difference as you are still using 2kw to warm up the caravan? Cannot remember when last we used 3kw and in my opinion it is an unnecessary add on.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Not sure how that makes any difference as you are still using 2kw to warm up the caravan? Cannot remember when last we used 3kw and in my opinion it is an unnecessary add on.
The fan heater warms the air in the caravan - much of the Alde's output goes to heating the caravan structure and furniture when starting from cold. From experience, reducing the Alde down to 1kw and using the fan heater at 1kw is more comfortable, more quickly.

I agree that the 3kw setting is unneccessary for heating as there's insufficient convectors to dissipate that heat.

TRENDING THREADS