Avondale leda pennine alarm light

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello all
Just bought my first caravan and going away in a weeks time for our first weekend out with it, it is a Leda Pennine 4/5 berth all seems OK but I have one issue (I think) when I connect external poet turn electrics on everything seems OK the battery is charging and the meter is in the green, all lights and heaters work the fridge also works, the issue is on the electrical panel below the car/off/caravan switch are three small lights one green on yellow off and red alarm when the power is on the green and red light comes on and stays on, is the alarm light telling me there is a problem? or should it be on?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am guessing that your van is aged around the 1990's?
If so, the 3 lights (Green, Amber and Red )are concerned with the Carver Cascade water heater.
If the unit is working correctly, with the water system full and gas selected for the cascade heater, the Green light should be lit and the heater should heat the water.
If there is not 12v available then the Amber light will light up and the unit will not work.
The Red light is a Fault light meaning the burner has not lit and stayed alight.

Having Green and Red lit at the same time also indicates a fault and you should get a mobile engineer to have a look at it.
It will most probably need a new burner module.

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Damian, yes it is 1998, I have not tried the water heater yet doing that tomorrow so without water or gas on it will show green and red, correct/

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You should never have either gas or electric water heating ON without first filling the water system, you will cause expensive damage !.
So, with no water there should be no lights on at all, you must have switched on the carver but with no gas you will not get it to light so may be lucky and done no damage.
If you can post a picture of your control panel it would help.

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi Damien
Thanks for the advice, I took the caravan out the weekend and all worked fine with the heater when I turned gas on the power on green light stayed on and water heated up as designed. The Emerson heater worked as well. There were some other issues but thanks for the help.

Allan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts