Avondale - Water inlet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My 2008 Avondale caravan has a water inlet which has a threaded socket on the 'van, and a male threaded plug on the pipe which goes into the Aquaroll. Can anyone please let me know a source of supply for this connector - the pipe end?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter, my water inlet plug came with a length of blue flexible pipe fitted to it, Is this what you were asking about?

I soon realised that the end of the pipe when in the aquaroll tended to curl and did not remain at the bottom of the tank. To improve things I bought a spare screw on cap, drilled a 16mm hole through it, attached a length of 15mm copper pipe to the blue pipe and push it though the hole. To fill the aquaroll at the tap I screw on the original cap and roll it around as normal. Hope this helps.

Tony

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
Tony,

I had the same problem, so I slipped a piece of 22mm copper pipe OVER the blue plastic pipe, with a non-return valve in the end of the plastic pipe.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Vernon, I tried a length of 22mm initially but found that the draw from the pump was not too brilliant, works very well with the 15mm.

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
Tony,

I still draw the water through the blue plastic pipe, the 22mm copper over the outside is only to keep the pipe straight.

Peter,

If your query is where to get the threaded end to fit the pipe to the caravan, I can only suggest an American RV stockist or a Marine stockist, as the inlet is a "City Water Inlet" which is made in the USA for their RV's (camper vans!) and used on boats. I think the thread is a 3/4" male BSP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts