Awning for Swift Corniche

May 27, 2008
Visit site
I've been looking at Awnings for our new van and ordered one of the Cameo Ultralights from Towsure only to be told afterwards that they'd just sold the last one to someone else and that's it for this season.

I then found a bargain secondhand Isabella Capri Lux supposedly in VGC - BUT - the size is 850 and the Isabella site recommends 825 for our van. The actual ground to ground dimension of the van is 834.

Can anyone advise whether this is likely to be a big problem or will we be able to live with the size difference. If the awnings in as good condition as the seller says then it would be a shame to let it go by as it is a real bargain and the general consensus seems to be that the Isabellas are about the best mass produced Awnings available.

Any comments or suggestions much apreciated.

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
i must admit, an awning that is either too big or too small does look ridiculous on a van (call me a snob!)also, in the future if you come to change the van you might have difficulty selling the two together as they are not a matching pair! my advice would be to keep plugging at the net and ringing various dealers, someone somewhere out there will have what you want at a price that's right!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i must admit, an awning that is either too big or too small does look ridiculous on a van (call me a snob!)also, in the future if you come to change the van you might have difficulty selling the two together as they are not a matching pair! my advice would be to keep plugging at the net and ringing various dealers, someone somewhere out there will have what you want at a price that's right!
If the ground-to-ground is 834cm, then an 850 awning will be perfect. It must be very rare to buy an awning of the exact size required and, in my opinion, it's preferable to be slightly larger as it's easier to "lose" the extra by pegging a bit wider at the 'van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts