awning heaters

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
The reason people get tired of this forum is because simple discussions develop into 3 pages of grandstanding. IMO make a point and let it go. it's called democracy and freedom of choice. BTW so far no one has mentioned the chemical formula of carbon monoxide, how will I know what to look out for?

Yup, point taken. ;)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:
The reason people get tired of this forum is because simple discussions develop into 3 pages of grandstanding. IMO make a point and let it go. it's called democracy and freedom of choice. BTW so far no one has mentioned the chemical formula of carbon monoxide, how will I know what to look out for?

If you have a few hours to spare BR 1326 is a good read. If the CO doesn’t get you boredom will. It’s the handbook for submarine atmosphere control. Spent many happy hours reading it before slumber crept in and saved my sanity.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:

We're sorry if you're 'tired of this forum' Grey, but many forum users have been with us for years, so rather than being tired of this forum as you suggest their loyalty would appear to indicate otherwise.
Most of the members of this forum have either replied with similar advice time after time or read the same advice so if the conversations ramble a bit or go into detailed technical explanations now and then, so what?
Nobody forces anybody to read through every comment, so just skip the bits that you don't like and scroll through to something that suits you better.
You have a very interesting take on 'democracy and freedom of choice' if it means limiting what people are allowed to write about matey. :unsure:
Forums like this one don't exactly enjoy freedom of speech but forum users are allowed, and indeed encouraged, to comment about anything they want to within the rules that we all have to abide by.
If you feel that we should all make a brief point and let it go then perhaps you'd enjoy using Twitter which limits their Tweets to 280 characters.
This forum imposes no such limit, we have plenty of monitor ink and screen paper to spare, so if there are '3 pages of grandstanding' maybe it's because the majority are enjoying the discussion and want to add their two penn'orth to it?
By the way, I Googled 'chemical formula of carbon monoxide' for you and Wikipedia provided the following: 'Carbon monoxide is a compound of carbon and oxygen in which the ratio of the two elements is one atom of carbon to one atom of oxygen. Its formula is CO. Carbon monoxide is a colourless,, odourless tasteless, poisonous gas. Most people have heard about carbon monoxide because of its toxic effects'

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Parksy.

Read carefully please. I clearly did not say I am tired, so your snide comment about "sorry you are tired" IMO is uncalled for.

I have heard at least a few members voice that opinion so perhaps you are not fully informed.

Perhaps in future try not to make it personal on a public forum.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As Thingy quickly checks the plan for [strike]Sangatte[/strike] Woosiefest and.....................OMG, Im sandwiched between these two. :eek:hmy:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Parksy.

Read carefully please. I clearly did not say I am tired, so your snide comment about "sorry you are tired" IMO is uncalled for.

I have heard at least a few members voice that opinion so perhaps you are not fully informed.
Perhaps in future try not to make it personal on a public forum.

As far as I'm concerned you were the one posting the snide comment when you wrote 'the reason people get tired of this forum' with absolutely no evidence to back up this random assertion.
With all due respect I would venture to suggest that I am a bit better informed about what happens on this forum than you are, and please be assured that I read every post very carefully indeed.
You are the one who is complaining so why would I address my comments to someone else?
This is indeed a public forum and if one person publicly complains on the message boards then they should expect any public response to be directed toward the complainant.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
As Thingy quickly checks the plan for [strike]Sangatte[/strike] Woosiefest and.....................OMG, Im sandwiched between these two. :eek:hmy:
Don't forget your tin hat :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Parksy wrote:

With all due respect I would venture to suggest that I am a bit better informed about what happens on this forum than you are

OK boss!

Tin hats it is then!
At dawn?
I'd prefer around noon myself when the pubs are open ;)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Don't have an awning.
Don't have a awning heater.
Don't have pegs.
Don't have a mallet.
Don't have all that weight.
Don't have all that hassle.
Don't have a tin hat. ;)

...........if it's cold I go inside the insulated caravan with it's heater on :whistle:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Don't have an awning.
Don't have a awning heater.
Don't have pegs.
Don't have a mallet.
Don't have all that weight.
Don't have all that hassle.
Don't have a tin hat. ;)

...........if it's cold I go inside the insulated caravan with it's heater on :whistle:

And your point is .......... :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Parksy said:
Thingy said:

It sounds like there's going to be a woosiefest boxing match !! :blink:

Nah, we never hold grudges and Grey is much bigger than me! :dry:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
Craigyoung said:
Parksy said:
Thingy said:

It sounds like there's going to be a woosiefest boxing match !! :blink:

Nah, we never hold grudges and Grey is much bigger than me! :dry:
I'll bring my nose load scales....just in case :silly:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
More like gum Shields and first aid kits

First aid kits are for sailors, bit of Gaffer tape will do to hold a limb on ;)

They might carry first aid kits but whether they can use them is debatable. Admiral Nelson didn't fare too well, but Rick Jolly was ace.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
but Rick Jolly was ace.

Yes he was, and he cared very well for a lot of my mates.

I dont know if you will know this fact, but it is true that nobody that made it back to his care died. A very proud boast for an incomparable surgeon.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:

Thingy, your almost opposite me so no problems, A dram and a lump of Anseos. Stornoway Black pudding will sort out everything.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:

Egad, surely the man cannot mean JUST ONE! :dry:

Getting back to the Thread, A few years ago there was a birthday party, during the winter months. I took along an oil filled radiator, Wow it was fantastic, really toasty for 4 people and three dogs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts