Awning pegs

Jun 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi folks, this is my typical newbie question, if i want to pitch an awning on a hard standing, which pegs do i use? Is it the metal screw in pegs? Thanks S

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Sparkle,

You could use the maetal screw pegs, it rather depends on how hard the hard standing is! I personally use 'Rock Pegs' they're like 8" nails with plastic hooks at the top. Dont forget to take a peg mover. I use an old carpenters claw hammer for putting 'em in and taking 'em out.

Regards.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sparkle, We use 8" screwpegs. Hammer tham in and unscrew with the cordless drill. Never pulled out even in storms. They cost more than others but for shere convenience at the removal stage the tick the box for me.

Cheers

Alan

Jun 26, 2008
Visit site
another silly question... why do i hammer then in and not try to screw them in alan?

i finally bought an izzy awning- just a wee minor one with steel poles though

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sparkle

You can screw them in but experience has taught me it's easier to hammer tham in and unscrew to remove. On hard standings there can be some very stubborn rocks to penetrate, the hammer always works!

If it's a porch awning no problem, if it's an Izzy Capri Lux or similar you'll need the Isabella Hercules tensioner.

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts