Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John are those strong or long enough for use on hardstandings. We are at present on a hardstanding and even using bent reinforcing bar approx. 15" long they still pull out quite easy but are a real b****r to knock in. We initially bought the correct pegs recommended for hardstandings but one puff of wind and the awning was all over the place.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use them mainly on grass where they screw in easily

It depends on the hardstanding but compressed chippings like the CC use are not easy to screw into

You can get heavier duty screws as well

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Heather

I use the screwpegs. Hammer them in and unscrew to remove. On hardstandings I have bent a few. I've never been able to successfully screw them into a hardstanding so maybe their name is a bit of a misnomer. However they ae secure.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Heather

I have used the screw in type for the past few years with no problems. if the ground is hard I first drill a hole with s raw-plug drill then put in the screw peg. should the peg still be difficult to get in pore some water over it and try again later.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We did that in Spain,drilling a hole for the pegs and a bitter one for the windbreak with a wood bit

Most CC sites have hard standing that is compacted chippings and hammering in/screwing out seems the only option

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We did that in Spain,drilling a hole for the pegs and a bitter one for the windbreak with a wood bit

Most CC sites have hard standing that is compacted chippings and hammering in/screwing out seems the only option
BIGGER not bitter!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts