Awning sizing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have an awning for a caravan which we have just lost due to the recent storms.How do we find out the size for future use or to sell on?I know the caravan is measured ground to ground following the awning rail,so I guess we just pull out the fabric & follow from the bottom of one side & along the seam which slides into the rail?

Steve.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve - the easiest way is to look up the size in the van's manual, or if you don't have this go to any reputable dealer with the exact model details of your van & they'll be able to tell you. Failing that run a piece of string (you'll need help with this) from the ground at the front of the van alongside the top of the van by the awning rail and down to the rear ground again. Then simply measure it (metric) and you've got the size. If you've still got your old awning just measure the part that slides into the van's rail.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You would need to be careful measuring awning as length of part that slides through vans rail is less than total size of awning.

My advice would be to contact either your local dealer who, if they sell awnings will have details on most caravans - or to caravan manufacturer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, most awnings have a size tan on them which is stitched in somewhere along the length of the roof panel where it is stitched to the gutter strip. If your lucky, yours might still have it attached and readable.

TRENDING THREADS